Vietnam Southern Explorer Tour 8 Days
A journey through Vietnam; the maze of the Mekong Delta and the city of Ho Chi Minh formerly named Saigon. Dalat offers a romantic spot of French styled architecture. Pass through spectacular Mountain and pine wood scenery on the way to the tropical beaches at Nha Trang. The beach resort of Nha Trang is a great place to relax or why not try fishing or local style canoeing. Continue through local rural villages to the vast sand dunes of Cap Mui Ne which are truly remarkable, all in all a magical tour
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh (L)
Explore the financial Capital of Vietnam formerly known as Saigon. Visit the Reunification Palace, the War Museum, the Jade Emperor Pagoda and Notre Dame Cathedral. After lunch visit the Chu Chi tunnels. This underground tunnel system covers close to 200km and went right under the US air base. The tunnels used to span from Close to the Cambodian border right to the edge of Ho Chi Minh City a show of the Vietnamese will and determination, the tunnels even included schools and field hospitals.
Day 2: Mekong Delta (B/L)
A day to enjoy the Mekong delta with a boat trip on a Sapan through h the maze of canals and tributaries. Visit Floating markets and local shops before returning to
Ho Chi Minh Day 3: Dalat (B/L)
Drive along scenic roads to Dalat; pass through tea, coffee and mulberry plantations on the way to Dalat which is often referred to as the “city of eternal spring” due to its moderate climate. Once in Dalat visit the Bao Dai’s Summer Palace, the Hang Nga guest house, and Truc Lam Thien Vien pagoda beautifully located on the top of a mountain.
Day 4: Dalat – Buon Me Thuot (B/L/D)
Drive to Buon Me Thuot, famous for its coffee plantations. The 160 km drive takes about 4 hours and passes through Spectacular Mountain and pine wood scenery. Enjoy lunch at the Lak Lake. Take a scenic boat ride on dugout canoe to the ethnic village of the M’nong people. In the afternoon continue to Buon Me Thuot. Enjoy an evening performance f ethnic dances, songs in a nearby village and join the villagers in drinking local “can” wine.
Day 5: Buon Me Thuot – Nha Trang (B/L)
Drive to York Don National Forest and explore the surrounding area during a 1 hour elephant ride. Return to Buon Me Thuot for a short visit of the Ethnographic museum. After lunch we take the scenic road towards the coastal plains to Nha Trang with a short stopover at Po Nagar Cham Towers.
Day 6: Nha Trang (B)
A free day in Nha Trang to soak up the sun or try one of the many activities on offer
Day 7: Nha Trang – Phan Thiet (B/L)
Travel past lush rice fields, salt ponds and dragon fruit plantations through to the fishing harbour of Phan Thiet, stop at the vast sand dunes at Cap Mui Ne spend the night at a beach resort.
Day 8: Phan Thiet – Ho Chi Minh Cit (B/L)
Morning free at leisure on the beach, after lunch at local restaurant travel by road to Ho Chi Minh City where the tour ends.
– For group of min. 15 paying pax, 1 FOC for Tour Leader in twin-shared room
|Hotels- subject to availability||Mid-range|
|Ho Chi Minh City||Sapphire Hotel||Windsor Plaza Hotel||Hotel Majestic Saigon|
|Dalat||Empress Hotel||Mercure Dalat du Parc||Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort & Spa|
|Buon Me Thuot||Lak Resort||Lak Resort||Lak Resort|
|Nha Trang||Starlet Hotel||Yasaka Saigon Nhatrang Premiere Beach Resort||Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa|
|Phan Thiet/Mui Ne||Sunny Beach Resort||Seahorse Resort & Spa||Victoria Phan Thiet Beach Resort & Spa|
Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary
Includes Acceptance Payment/Deposit of £200
International Flight is extra
|Group size|| |
|Hotels – Mid range (3*)||1338||796||714||594||576||104|
|Hotels – Superior (4*)||1548||851||768||648||630||153|
|Hotels – Deluxe (5*)||1812||1048||965||845||827||306|
Note Single Supplement applies to all persons numbers unless private 1 person travelling
Air fare in economy class for the sector shown in the above itinerary is subject to change by the airline before booking.
International Flight is extra
1.On acceptance – £200 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by cheque payable to“S W & M Miller” OR by Bank Transfer to UK Bank Account Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with Xplore-Asia to whom payment for the tour is made.Your International Flight is payable direct to the Flight Consolidator.
2. You pay eight weeks prior to arrival in Cambodia, Laos or Thailand, or on Acceptance if earlier – 50% of the total by Credit Card (3% charge) or International Bank Transfer, direct to Xplore-Asia
3. On arrival in Cambodia, Laos or Thailand – 50% payable by Credit Card (3% charge) or Cash.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 75% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.
Acceptance Payment non refundable
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- Full board at Wildlife Park if applicable.
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle where appropriate.
- Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change
- Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature: table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to India and Asia
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country – Cambodia Visa Fees on arrival $20 US per person – Phnom Penh Airport departure Tax $25 US per person
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners
All elements included in this quotation are subject to availability until the booking is made. The hotels/ services as quoted may change when giving you the final confirmation, based on current availability.