CURRENT PRICE ON APPLICATION
Off the Beaten Track (includes some easy trekking) – (VVT5)
14 days/13 nights
Hanoi-Lao Cai-Hue -Hoi An-Kontum-Buon Ma Thuot-HCMC (Saigon)
DAY 01: ARRIVAL IN HANOI Arrival in Hanoi. Transfer to your hotel. Orientation tour: The Hoan Kiem Lake, the Ngoc Son Pagoda, dedicated to the genius of Literature. Visit the Quan Thanh Pagoda, dedicated to the Tran Vu genius. Strolling in the old quarters of 36 corporations, the heart of the Old Hanoi. Visit of the temple of Literature. Back to your hotel.
DAY 02: HANOI – HALONG BAY (B, L, D) Heading to Halong Bay that was registered at the World Heritage by UNESCO since 1944. Boat excursion in Halong Bay. Sea food lunch on board – visit of the marvelous caves. Overnight on board.
DAY 03: HALONG BAY / HANOI / LAO CAI (B, L, _) Landing after lunch. Back to Hanoi. Transfer to the railroad station for Lao Cai. Night at the hotel.
DAY 04: LAO CAI / FANSIPAN MT. (B, L, _) – 4 hours trekking Picked up at Lao Cai Station by private bus to Sapa (round 8.30 AM). Breakfast and start the trip to conquer the roof of Vietnam and Indochina – Fansipan peak. At about 9h30 Am, take bus to the highest pass in Vietnam – TramTon Pass located at 2100m above the sea level (17 kms by bus). Visit Silver waterfall before reaching the pass. Spend your time enjoying marvelous nature and then start the strenuous trek to the peak. After roughly 4 hours through the primitive rain jungles, many small streams and bamboo forests… You will have managed to reach a top of 2200m and at this point, make tents, prepare for spending the first night in the mountain.
DAY 05: FANSIPAN Mt. (B, L, _) – 8 hours trekking Breakfast at the camp and then continue climbing to the summit by way of pine and yellow bamboo forests. After 4 hours, you will successfully conquer the roof of Vietnam. Spend 1/2 or 1 hour enjoying the splendid landscapes from around the mountain, at this virginal roof of Vietnam and Indochina is a specious chance for you to enjoy watching the surroundings: to the North-West is small village areas belonging to Lai Chau province, the splendid rolling mountains; to the North East is the overall picture of Sapa town which is only seen from here. Have lunch and then return down to the same point for 2nd night in the mountain. Overnight at the tents.
DAY 06: FANSIPAN / LAO CAI (B, L, _) – 4 hours trekking
After the last breakfast in the mountain, take another way to go down to the foot of Mount where to visit and get understandings of the lifestyles, the traditional customs of the people in a village of the Black H’mong called SinChai, then take bus back to Sapa (18 km by bus). Tranfer to Lao Cai station night train to Hanoi.
DAY 07: LAO CAI / HANOI / HUE (B, L, _) Arrival at Hanoi in early morning. Transfer to the airport for the flight for Hue. Transfer to your hotel to enjoy breakfast. We start to visit HUE, that still keeps the imperial charm. Boat trip on the Perfume River and visit the Thien Mu Pagoda. It is the oldest and most beautiful religious construction of HUE, the Imperial City, surrounded by large moats, with the South Gate, the palace of Supreme Harmony, the Forbidden City, where the Emperor used to live with his close family. In the afternoon, we visit Minh Mang’s mausoleum.
DAY 08: HUE / DANANG / HOI AN (B, L, _)
Heading to Hoi An, passing through’ the “pass of he clouds”, Arrive in Danang, visit the CHAM museum, that gathers the most beautiful collection of CHAM sculptures. Our journey continues to Hoi An. Lunch, visit of Hoi An City, previously called Faifo, classified at the world heritage by UNESCO. HoiAn is a perfect example of Vietnamese classic architecture, with the covered bridge, the houses of precious wood, dating from the 17th century, the communal houses of the congregations of Canton and Phuc Kien, and the numerous silk shops; bicycle rides through the cozy old little streets. Overnight in our hote.
DAY 09: HOIAN / KONTUM (B, L, _)
Through the Ho Chi Minh trail, national road 14.
Early morning departure through the national road 14, old Ho Chi Minh trail, testimony of the Vietnam war. This new road, called Transnational, should make more space to the national 1, famous coastal road, called “Mandarine Route“. We pass through Kham Duc, winding through primary forest and rapids. This is true jungle! Continuing the transnational road, by passing through the mountain pass of LOXO: nice minority villages are gathering along the road. Further, it is the boundaries of the 3 countries: Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Visit of the DAKRIPENG village (Sedang minority) and the “Phoenix“ airfield. Arrival in Kontum in late afternoon. Accommodation.
DAY 10: KONTUM (B, L, _) Heading to the village of KONKETU, crossing the hanging bridge KONKLOR for a pedestrian visit of the Konjuri village. Trekking in the jungle to reach the village of KONBAH. Picnic lunch and bathing in the clear, unspoiled waters of the DAKBLA river. Back to Konteku village. Unforgettable experience in a pirogue trip on the river…! Show of Banar danses and songs, we will dance with the villagers around a big wood fire. Tasting rice alcohol from a big jar, with a long bamboo straw. Overnight in the village, in the communal house.
DAY11: KONTUM / PLEIKU / BAN ME THUOT (B, L, _) Continuing our visits of KONTUM: the wooden church, the very nice house of the archbishop, considered as a museum, then the village of Pleitonghia. Lunch at Pleiku, then continuing to Ban Me Thuot, visit of the ethnographic museum. Overnight at the Hotel.
DAY 12: BAN ME THUOT / SAIGON (B, L, _) We can find large coffee plantations in central highland. Visit of Ban Me Thuot by road, we go to the JUN village. Elephant ride, then we cross the river to visit another village called M’Lieng. Little walk to meet the villagers, lunch, then back to Ban Me Thuoc. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Saigon /Ho Chi Minh City.
DAY 13: SAIGON / BENTRE (B, L, _)
From Saigon, we drive to Ben Tre. Visit of the Turtle island. This island remains still original with its country houses, its little canals edged with water coconut trees. Cart trip, driven by a horse, tasting local tea with honey, and listening to typical folkloric songs of South Vietnam. Lunch in an orchard, then return to Saigon. Visit the Binh Tay Market , full of all kind of consuming goods, the temple of the Heaven Lady Thien Hau.
DAY 14: SAIGON – DEPARTURE (B, _, _)
Visit Saigon city in the morning: the “Notre-Dame” Cathedral, the Post Office building, transfer to the international airport,
End of our services.
TOUR COST – All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit of £300.
Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary
|Program VVT 05: OFF THE BEATENTRACKS (14 days 13 nights)|
|Land tour price per person base on USD $ |
CURRENT PRICE ON APPLICATION
|Hotel Class||2 Persons||3-6 Persons||SGL/SUP|
|4 star hotels1||1700||1500||350|
|3 star hotels||1550||1400||280|
Please ask for confirmation of the current Tour Cost
All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit of £300
– The above tariffs are subject to change accordingly to the increasing of gasoline cost till 30th day prior to the date of departure
– The above hotels are subject to change accordingly to the availability of the hotels
1. On acceptance – £300 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by bank transfer or cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”.
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Partner Company in Vietnam to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. You pay eight weeks prior to arrival in Vietnam, or on Acceptance – 50% of the total in US $, by Credit Card or International Bank Transfer.
3. On arrival in Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos– the balance of 50% is payable, in US $, by Credit Card or Cash.
Please Note: A credit card charge may apply.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.
Acceptance Payment non refundable
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability.
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- Full board at Wildlife Park if applicable.
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle where appropriate.
- Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Train journeys where applicable – Hanoi / Lao Cai / Hanoi (night train)
- Boat trip
- Bottle of water each day
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Where US$ or Thai Baht are quoted, the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
- Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature: table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to India and Asia
- -Supplement for flight from Hanoi to Hue: HAN / HUE = $80.00/ person
-Supplement for flight from Buon Ma Thuot to Saigon: BMV / SGN = $50.00/ person
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners
All elements included in this quotation are subject to availability until the booking is made. The hotels/ services as quoted may change when giving you the final confirmation, based on current availability.