We provide many different tours into Tibet from Nepal, mainly from Kathmandu, and China – Please ask.
Our most popular tour is to fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu and return by 4 x 4 Toyota, visiting Everest Base Camp on the way. This is a superb tour with fantastic scenery and experiences of Tibeten life and culture.
8 Days to Lhasa Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa and then by 4 x 4 Toyota visiting Everest Base Camp, returning overland to Kathmandu. Chinese Entry Permit included.
Tibet Experience – 7 days Lhasa – Gyantse – Shigatse – Lhasa
Payment for all tours
1. On booking an Acceptance Payment/Deposit per person (non refundable) – according to the tour – by bank transfer or cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with Explore Himalaya or our Partner company in China for the Tibet Experience, to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. Twelve weeks prior to arrival in the country of your choice (or on Acceptance) – 100% of the cost is payable in US$ (or the currency of the country) by International Bank Transfer, direct to the company in Nepal or China.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of £100 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.
Acceptance Payment non refundable.
Included in the Cost
- Tibet – Hotel Dhoodgu or similar in Lhasa and best available en-route with breakfast
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- Full board at Wildlife Park if applicable.
- Tibet – Transportation by 4 WD Land Cruiser (Toyota 4500, the best available in Tibet)
- Tibet – Travel permit and border transfer.
- Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Train journeys where applicable
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- All transportation in the Philippines by land, sea private vehicle
- Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Tibet – personal clothing or equipment
- Tibet – expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block due any reason
- Tibet – Hotels in Kathmandu
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to/from your country and airport transfer
- International and Domestic economy airfares in Asia, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners