The Undiscovered India 2016 – 2017
Chattisgarh – Central India Tribal Festival – 7 to 13 October 2016
Other times of year can also be arranged.
Ideal for Tribal, Lifestyle and Photographic Enthusiasts
Contact us for further details and prices –
Tel: 0044 (0)1283 820467 Email: email@example.com
TRIBAL DASSEHRA CELEBRATIONS IN INDIA’S HEARTLAND
India lives in its diverse landscape, in its unity and brotherhood of man, in its multifaceted religions and lifestyles and in its colourful, rich and vibrant population. India survives on the strength of its spiritual inheritances which see man, the cosmos and all beings as part of the same universal spirit. India abounds with its rich culture, traditions, art and crafts. India thrives because of its ability to adapt and absorb new influences, mind-sets, and new ways of being…Ancient yet new, progressively modern and harmoniously old. India lovingly unfolds itself to those who thirst this great civilization, seek the wisdom of its great saints, do business with its dynamic economy and enjoy its complex polity. It entices travellers and recognizes them as the true ambassadors of the modern world. In them lie its continuity and the seeds of change…
Join Complete India & Asia as it embarks on a rare journey through unspoiled Chattisgarh in Central India to experience a one-of-its-kind tribal Bastar Dassehra in October.
Apart from fabulous photo opportunities, witness the last of the links with mankind as it was…animistic traditions and customs, out-of-the-world and otherworldly festivities and traditions still unspoiled by tourism. An experience we recommend you not to miss!!
So please be quick to block these dates on your Calendar : Oct 7th-13th, 2016
* This trip can also be customised as per your requirements
DAY 01 | Friday, 7th October 2016
Arrival Raipur. Meet and greet at the airport. We start our tour by visiting Sirpur (80 km), a small village located on the right bank of the river Mahanadi. Chinese traveler Hiuen Tsang visited Sirpur in 635 AD and extensively described this place in his writings. Sirpur has archaeological remains associated with Shaiva, Vaishnava, Buddhist and Jain faiths. Excavations at Sirpur have yielded extensive ruins of ancient structures scattered over a large area. Later in the day return back to Raipur, which is a total surprise and the direction in which smart cities of India are heading. Dinner and overnight at Hyatt, Raipur.
DAY 02 | Saturday, 8th October 2016
After breakfast we head for Bastar, the tribal heartland of Chhattisgarh.Enroute we stop at the Hindu pilgrimage town of Rajim, at the confluence of the Mahanadi and Pairi rivers. The Rajivalocan and Ramachandra temples are known for their high quality sculptures. Further on to an island temple with copious animistic and Hindu shrines. At this time of the year we may witness many festivities. The state of Kanker celebrates Dussehra festival in their own manner and customs.
03 | Sunday, 9th October 2016
At Jagdalpur we visit tribal market and handicraft clusters at Kondagaon.Depending on local festival activities, a visit to an ancient Buddhist site, seeing a ghotul (young people’s hall) of the Murai tribe, seeing master dokra (metal) workers in Kondagaon and Kusma. In the evening a visit to the city centre full of activity and festivity. Today the rituals of “Nisha Jatra” will be performed. Later in the night return back to hotel / resort. Overnight at Jagdalpur.
DAY 04 | Monday, 10th October 2016
After breakfast visit the Teerathgarh Waterfall and the underground caves with stalactite and stalagmite formations. A visit to the local haat where you can perhaps try the local beer and liquor; Salphi and Mahua. In the evening we head towards the city center in front of the Bastar Palace which will be the epicenter of all the festivities. The King of Bastar will be receiving the palanquin of Goddess Danteshwari in the evening. It is one of the most important festivities of the Bastar Dussehra. Return back your hotel / resort later in the evening. Overnight at Jagdalpur.
DAY 05 | Tuesday, 11th October 2016
This morning we hope to visit some of the tribal groups who have journeyed to Jagdalpur and learn about their various specific duties during these two high days of festivities. We shall also enjoy the town’s markets – the good brass, kitchen implements, fine silk made by a weaving co-operative from Bastar’s wild silk cocoons gathered from treetops, and the semi-precious stones mined in Chhattisgarh and neighboring Orissa. Later in the day we visit the mighty Chitrakote waterfall which is India’s biggest waterfall.
Return back to Jagdalpur in the evening and witness the Bheetar Raini in which the chariot built by tribals is taken around the Jagdalpur city. It’s a once in a lifetime experience to see hundreds of locals pulling the chariot on the streets of Jagdalpur city. Later return back to your hotel / resort. Overnight at Jagdalpur.
Day 06 | Wednesday, 12th October 2016
Enjoy a relaxed morning and then continue exploring the various tribes who have converged at Jagdalpur for the festivities. Today we visit the Anthropological Survey of India museum which is a treasure trove of knowledge about the local tribes. Later in the day we visit a spot in the city called Kumhda-kot where the King arrives to take back the stolen chariot. It is again a vibrant event with thousands of locals assembling in their full colour and vigor. The king also eats the food made from the first harvest of the season along with the tribals. Transfer to your resort / hotel later in the evening. Overnight at Jagdalpur.
Day 07 | Thursday, 13th October 2016
Today we travel back to Raipur. We will be travelling through the countryside with breathtaking landscapes. On arrival at Raipur, transfer to the airport to board your return flight to Delhi.
* Complete India& & Asia uses a fully qualified team to handle the security and travel requirements of guests in the area
* Chattisgarh is a very safe place and we have full support of all govt bodies
* We recommend small group size for visiting his culturally and ecologically fragile ecosystem and total respect in the travellers for local cultures and lifestyles.
* This trip is not suited for people seeking luxury
* This trip is recommended for people genuinely interested in ethnic cultures, traditions and lifestyles; photographers who will not know when to stop clicking their shutters ; Indophiles who enjoy every aspect of India and its rich cultures
* This itinerary can be customised for individual travellers.
1.On acceptance £250 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by International Bank Transfer to UK Bank Account or by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with Creative Travel, New Delhi, India to whom payment for the tour is made.
Payment for flights may be required at the time of booking.
2. You pay ten weeks prior to arrival in India, or on Acceptance if booking is less than 10 weeks before arrival – 100% of the total in GB £, by International Bank Transfer, direct to Creative Travel, India,
OR by our NEW Currency Transfer Payment system (commercial rate and no bank charges)
- Before 60 Days: Full Refund.
- 60 – 46 Days: 25% of the Tour Cost.
- 45 – 31 Days: 50% of the Tour Cost.
- 30 – 16 Days: 75% of the Tour Cost.
- 15 days to Day of Departure: 100 % of the Tour Cost or No Refund.
Acceptance Payment non refundable
- Check in / check out time at the Hotels is 1200 Noon except few hotels / cities.
- For International flight check-in time is 03 hours before the departure time.
- For Domestic flight check-in time is 01 hour before the departure time.
- Flight schedule and air fare quoted is subject to change as per the airlines notice from time to time.
- Prices are subject to change with any increase in the cost.
- Any additional expense incurred due to a change in the Government of India and Reserve Bank of India regulations pertaining to taxes, fuel hikes, air-fares and transport and any force majeure situation due to political conditions, we reserve the right to change the cost.
- In case of any increase in the accommodation cost and other services by the service providers will be applicable and levied on the above advised cost.
- Any increase in rate of exchange leading to an increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure. Please be advised that we have not blocked any accommodation for this tour at the time of quotation. Once we receive your acceptance of the same will proceed ahead with the bookings. In case of non availability of original Hotels as envisaged will book alternate Hotels of similar standards.
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability, Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- Full board at Wildlife Park if applicable.
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned Toyota Innova where appropriate
- Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature table drinks, laundry, telephone calls Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to India and Asia
- Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners