The Amazing North Thailand (SIC & Private Ref. GTT06)
Special Seat in Coach / Join In Tour to 30 April 2013 Day 1 Bangkok – Ayuthaya – Phitsanuloke (L)
In the morning you will leave Bangkok by bus in northern direction. After 80 km you will reach Ayuthaya, the former capital of Siam which was destroyed by the Burmese in 1776. Many ruins of temples indicate how important the city was in the past. Especially beautiful is the giant Viharn Phra Mongkol Bobitr statue. After the visit you will continue to Phitsanuloke with a visit Wat Mahathat from the 13th century and its impressive Buddha Jinaraj. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant on the way. Arrival and check-in at the hotel in Phitsanuloke. Day 2 Phitsanuloke – Sukhothai – Lampang (B/L)
After the breakfast you will drive on to Sukhothai and visit the famous Historical Park of Sukhothai. You will be amazed by the many ruins from the 13th century. Wat Mahathat is considered the magical and spiritual centre of the Kingdom and at Wat Sri Chum you will see one of the largest sitting Buddha statues of the country. Sukhothai was also the first capital of the Kingdom of Siam and is considered to be the cradle of Thai culture. Lunch will be served at local restaurant on the way to Lampang. Visit Wat Phra That Lumpang Luang, a paradigm of the temple building of Lanna. The temple is prominently sited on a hillock surrounded by wall and has a large collection of ancient wooden utensils. Arrival and check-in at your hotel in Lampang.Day 3 Lampang – Chiang Rai / Golden Triangle (B/L)
Today you will continue in northern direction to Chiang Rai. We will drive on a narrow hilly road with spectacular views until we reach the hill tribes of the Yao and Akha. Then you will continue to Mae Sai, the most northern point of Thailand which is also the border city to Myanmar. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant. Afterwards you will drive to the famous Golden Triangle, the border area where Burma, Laos and Myanmar meet. Arrival and check-in at the hotel in the Golden Triangle area where you will stay for overnight.Day 4 Golden Triangle – Doi Saket (B/L/D)
In the morning you will visit an opium museum to gain more knowledge about the former trade of opium in this region. You will continue to Doi Saket. On the way you will visit Wat Rong Kung – also known as the White Temple. Whereas most temples visited by tourists have a history going back many centuries, this magnificent place of worship was built only recently. We arrive at Doi Saket in the afternoon. You will love the small community based resort amidst a lush vegetation. Relax at the pool or stroll around in the nature on your own. You also may use the local hot springs in the nearby village. Dinner served at hotel. Overnight in Doi Saket.Day 5 Doi Saket – Chiang Mai (B/L)
Breakfast at hotel and check-out. Continue further to Chiang Mai, the Rose of the North and on to visit the Mae Sa Elephant Camp which is located outside of Chiang Mai. Here you can see the different work the elephants are doing in the jungle from a very young age on. You have the possibility to book a ride on an elephant through the jungle (extra charge) from your local tour guide. Lunch in a local restaurant.
Visit the landmark of Chiang Mai, Wat Doi Suthep Temple which is located 1050 m above sea level. When the weather allows you will have a fantastic view over the city and the province of Chiang Mai. The buildings mainly date back to the 16th century and are grouped around a 32 m high Chedi in Burmese style. In the evening you can stroll on your own around the night market.
Overnight in Chiang Mai.Day 6 Departure Chiang Mai – onwards (B)
• Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to the Chiang Mai Airport (Air ticket is excluded)++++ End of services ++++TOUR COSTCost per person on twin share/ single occupancy basis with breakfast as per itinerary
Air fare supplement
|Rates in THB in sharing twin room per personValidity : July 2012 – 30.04.2013SIC tour departure every second Wednesday in a monthONLY THB 12,900.- per person (minimum 02 pax !) PLUS Acceptance Fee of £150 per personSingle Supplment 3,750,- THBDeparture on Wednesdays as shown below: 11.07.2012 25.07.2012 08.08.2012 22.08.2012 05.09.2012 19.09.2012 03.10.2012 17.10.2012 31.10.2012 14.11.201228.11.2012 12.12.2012 26.12.2012 09.01.2013 23.01.201306.02.2013 20.02.2013 06.03.2012 20.03.2012 03.04.201317.04.2013Private tour (tour starts daily)2 pax @ 23,450,- THB- per person3 pax @ 18,050,- THB -per person4-7 pax @ 14,960,- THB per personSingle Supplement @ 3,750 THBDeparture : Private tour on daily basisHotels :Phitsanuloke Amarin Lagoon Hotel / SuperiorLampang Lampang River Lodge / StandardChiang Rai/Golden Triangle Imperial Golden Triangle Hotel / SuperiorDoi Saket Monn Phu Phrai Resort / BungalowChiang Mai Holiday Inn Hotel / Superior**** Hotels are subject to change ****|
in economy class for the sector Chiang Mai – Bangkok is not included..Some airlines demand payment on confirmation. When this happens we must ask you to pay for the flights immediately.Other Supplements – if requiredPayment
1. On acceptance
– £150 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) payable to “S W & M Miller” by International Bank Transfer to UK Bank Account. Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Partner Company in Thailand to whom payment for the tour is made.Payment for flights included in the itinerary may be required at the time of flight confirmations.
- You pay 100% of the total ten weeks prior to arrival in Thailand, or on Acceptance if less than ten weeks – in USD/THB, by Credit Card (see below) or International Bank Transfer to Thailand
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 75% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.Flight cancellation is not included in these chargesAcceptance Payment non refundableIncluded in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
Excluded from the Cost
- Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle where appropriate.
- Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
- Expenses of a personal nature: table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water,tips,shopping etc.
- No tipping is included.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to India and Asia
- Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners
All elements included in this quotation are subject to availability until the booking is made. The hotels/ services as quoted may change when giving you the final confirmation, based on current availability.