Join In tour Departure every Monday – Individual departures at extra cost
day 1 chiang mai—hmong hill tibe lodge [-/l/d]
08:00 Leave Chiang Mai by Land Rover to visit Mae Ping elephant camp. Observe elephants taking timber from forest. Their strength and strategic teamwork will amaze you.
Take one-hour elephant ride into jungle.
Extra: Baht 600.- per person.
Continue visit of orchid farm. Lunch at Mae Saa Valley Resort. Proceed to visit Meo hilltribe village at Nong Hoi Mai and continue to Ban Meo Mae Ki. Afternoon free to discover numerous hilltribe village activities. BBQ Dinner at HMONG HILLTRIBE LODGE followed by presentation of Meo dances and overnight stay.
day 2 hmong hill tribe lodge—samoeng-pai [b/l/d]
08:00 Drive via Ban Pok to Samoeng on rarely used dirt roads through typical Thai countryside. Short stop to visit Luang Mae Saab Cave. Continue over hills to Ban Meo Mae Tala. Picnic lunch. Then stroll through hilltribe village, visiting houses and local school. Continue to Wat Chan over mountains on dirt roads with sweeping views of countryside. Take short tour of Wat Chan, visiting village and local temple. Proceed over rolling terrain to Pai. Check in at MUANG PAI RESORT or similar hotel. Dinner and accommodations.
day 3 pai—white water rafting [b/l/d]
09:00 Meeting at Thai Adventure office. Drive 35 km to the river by pick up taxi. Briefing about security and navigation while inflating the Boats, getting ready for 60 kms of wilderness and 60 rapids during these two days. Boarding at 11 am; Get through the lush of the jungle before you stop for basket lunch ; Then experience the thrill of the “Kaeng Hom” (fragrance rapid) class 4. Stop at the “Manola” hot springs and at a small waterfall for water games and relax; then, after many jumps and steps on the river, we will arrive at the Jungle Camp (4 pm) where you can enjoy our chilled “Pai River punch” together with northern Thai snacks, before a Thai diner cooked on the wood fire will be served (vegetarian meal on request) ; fruits, coffee, tea, will complete the menu while guides will show you some tricks of their own…getting tired, you will enjoy to spend the night in harmony with nature, in a bamboo hut or a tent, fully furnished with sleeping bags, pillows and mosquito nets. Shower & toilet facilities.
day 4 white water rafting—mae hong son [b/l/d]
07:00 Continental breakfast and a Thai rice soup will be served.
09:00 Departing from the camp, we will reach the Khong River junction after no less than 15 rapids class 2 and 3; stop at the second hot Springs area, then have fun through the Hin Mong rapids (about 10 rapids grade 2-3 ); pass through the Pai Gorges and more rapids; stop for basket lunch by a small waterfall.
We will come out in the Mae Hong Sorn Valley for landing at Mae Surin waterfall National park around 3 pm.; there, you will redeem your main luggage and can shower before an 8 kms transfer to Mae Hong Sorn.
Check in at GOLDEN PAI RESORT HOTEL or similar hotel (High-water season possibility of rafting directly to hotel). Dinner and accommodations.
REMARK: During March—June and depending on water levels, raft trip may have to be replaced by a trekking trip with an overnight stay at Soppong Jungle Guest House or similar.
day 5 mae hong son [b/l/d]
08:00 Drive south to visit the “Meo Micro Wave” hilltribe village located on a steep mountainside next to relay station from which village got its name. Depart to Ban Nai Soi to visit the Khaya (Karen) hilltribe village and enjoy picnic lunch. Continue by Land Rover to Padong village, home of the long-necked Padong tribe (Giraffe Women), wearing brass rings around their elongated necks—an extraordinary sight. Return to Mae Hong Son. Dinner at Bai Fern Restaurant. Accommodations at GOLDEN PAI RESORT or similar hotel.
day 6 mae hong son—chiang mai [b/l/-]
06:00 Visit morning market. Drive uphill to visit Wat Phra Dhat Doi Kong Moo, with its beautiful view of Mae Hong Son. Return to GOLDEN PAI RESORT for breakfast. Later visit Burmese-style temples, Wat Jong Kham and Wat Jong Klang, located next to a large pond in the southern part of town. Shan people, who make up about 50% of the population of Mae Hong Son, built Wat Jong Kham nearly 200 years ago. Wat Jong Klang houses 100-year-old glass paintings and woodcarvings from Burma, depicting various lives of the Buddha. Lunch at resort.
14:30 Transfer to airport.
15:50 Depart Mae Hong Son by TG-199.
16:30 Arrive Chiang Mai with transfers to your Chiang Mai hotel.
hotel addresses :
- Hmong Hilltribe Lodge, (Chiang Mai Office) 301/8 Soi Sbun-Nga, Nimmanhaemind Road, Chiang Mai 50200. Tel.: (053) 216780, Fax: (053) 215072. At The Lodge—Tel.: (053) 261151-4 Ext. 2028.
- Muang Pai Resort, 94 Mopang, Maenatoeng, Amphur Pai, Mae Hong Son 50100. Tel.: (053) 270906, Fax: (053) 272895
- Golden Pai Resort, 285 Pangmoo, Amphur Muang, Mae Hong Son 58000. Tel.: (053) 612265, Fax: (053) 611523
|package tour rate – us dollar (wx)|
6- day 4wd safari & river rafting tour PLUS £200 per person Acceptance Payment
|$ 1807||1075||863||802||666||648|| 979|| 102|
Validity: 01 November, 2011 – 31 October, 2012
Prices are net per person in twin sharing basis
PLUS £200 per person Acceptance Payment payable to Complete India & Asia
included in the tour prices are:
- Accommodation in airconditioned room with bath/shower (non-airconditioned room with shower at Hmong Hilltribe lodge, sleeping bag for raft excursion) and meals as mentioned in the programme
- Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by Land Rover (4WD) with English-speaking guide
- Service charges, room tax, VAT and baggage handling
not included in the tour prices are:
- Domestic airticket Mae Hong Son-Chiang Mai
- Domestic airport tax
- Optional tours
- International airport tax
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the programme
** If passenger requires domestic air ticket from Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai, the surcharge is USD (TBA) nett per person (subject to change) and must be specified at time of booking.
** This tour can be sold from Bangkok to Bangkok with a surcharge of USD (TBA) nett per person (subject to change), including Bangkok—Chiang Mai—Bangkok air ticket.
- Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on road and weather conditions and room availability.
- Should VAT (currently 7%), or domestic airport tax, or domestic airtickets, or fuel cost be raised, or any other government taxes be introduced within the contract period, we reserve the right to adjust our rates accordingly to reflect the change.
- Our quotations are made in USD but based on local cost of transport, meals and accommodation etc. in Thai Baht (THB) for Thailand, plus various local currencies for services in our neighboring countries. In case there should be a major change (5% or more) in the exchange rates between the Thai Baht and the USD, (presently around THB 30.0 per USD), we reserve ourselves the right to correct quotations in line with the revised value of the USD.