The Best of Taiwan in 8 days !!
Join our Group Tour and enjoy the sights and scenery Taiwan offers
Departures every Saturday Round Island Tour with English speaking guide or driver/guide throughout.
Highlights – Mountains, cliffs, gorges, lake, sea, hot springs and Buddhist experience.
Attractions -Highlights: Taipei, Sun Moon Lake, Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Monastery, Kaohsiung, Kenting National Park, East Coast & Taroko National ParkValid 01 April 2016 ~ 31 March 2017
ARRIVAL Upon arrival at Taoyuan International Airport (TPE), you will be met and transferred to your accommodation hotel by private car (no guide).
The remainder of the day will be free.
|X,X,X||A.Regent Taipei or Palais de Chine (5*)B.Howard Plaza Hotel or The Landis Taipei (4*)C. Gala Hotel, Taipei or Golden China Hotel, Taipei (3*)|
|Day 2(Sun)||Taipei HALF DAY TAIPEI CITY TOUR|
After breakfast, we will take a tour of Taipei city including the impressive Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, National Palace Museum where 5,000 years of Chinese imperial arts and jade collections are exhibited, Martyrs’ Shrine of traditional architecture and change of Honor Guards, a local Taiwanese temple, and Taipei Handicraft Centre. The remainder of the day will be free on your own.
|B,X,X||Same as above|
|Day 3(Mon)||TAIPEI / SUN MOON LAKE + Natural Hot Spring |
To be picked up at lobby of hotel in Taipei City, we will drive to Sun Moon Lake which is located in the middle of Taiwan and situated 762 meters above sea level in the lofty mountains of Central Taiwan. Tour will stop at the famous Wenwu Temple, also known as Literature-Warrior Temple, dedicated to Confucius as Master of Pen and to Kuan Ti as Master of Sword, Holy Monk Shrine and Ci En Pagoda. After touring round Sun Moon Lake, check in hotel.
Enjoy natural hot spring at the Fleur de Chine Hotel, Sun Moon Lake.You can also enjoy the walking trails, biking, hiking or boating at the lake.
(A) Fleur De Chine, or similar
|Day 4(Tues)||SUN MOON LAKE / FO GUANG SHAN MONASTERY / KAOHSIUNG|
Check out of hotel, passing by the lovely small and old Jiji Railway Station, drive to Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Monastery, the most famous Buddhist sacred place of southern Taiwan. Here you will learn about Buddhism during the monastery walking tour to visit “Buddha Memorial Centre” and communicate with some of the monks or nuns during the visit, there will be an opportunity to taste Buddhist vegetarian lunch (at your own cost). After lunch, we will drive to Kaohsiung which is the second largest city of Taiwan. The tour will take you to Love River and Liuhe Night Market. Overnight stay at Kaohsiung.
Hotel: Grand Hi-Lai Hotel, Kaohsiung (5*) or similar
|Day 5(Wed)||KAOHSIUNG / KENTING / ZHIHBEN HOT SPRINGS, TAITUNG (B, X, X)|
Morning tour to Kenting National Park, located at Taiwan’s southern tip and the 37 miles of coral-rimmed shoreline along three sides of the park provide its main attractions. Stops will be made at Eluanbi light house, Maobitou coastal scenic area and Longpan Park. From there we will drive to Taitung via Southern Link Highway
Overnight stay at Zhiben.
Enjoy natural hot spring at Hotel Royal Chihpen
Hotel: Hotel Royal Chihpen, Taitung (5*) or similar
|Day 6(Thur)||TAITUNG / EAST COAST NATIONAL SCENIC AREA / TAROKO|
After breakfast, it will be an exciting East Coast Tour. The East Coast National Scenic Area, known as “Taiwan’s last unspoiled land”, stretches 170 kilometres down the east coast of the island. Weathering, erosion, and accumulation have produced a wide range of land forms here. Our tour will stop at Xiaoyeliu, Sanxiantai, Shitiping (Stone Steps), marble factory and showroom.
Late afternoon, we will proceed to Hualien for overnight stay at Taroko National Park.
Silks Place or similar
http://taroko.silksplace.com.tw/ (inside Taroko National Park)
TAROKO NATIONAL PARK / TAIPEI (B, X, X)
After breakfast, we will make a visit to Taroko National Park. Taroko Gorge is an exceptionally beautiful, narrow ravine created by the Liwu river which has cut deep into the mountains of solid marble. A road carved into sheer walls of rock rewinding its way past forested peaks and cliffs towering thousands of feet above it, while hundreds of feet below a river roars past gigantic marble boulders.
Passing by Tunnel of Nine Turns, Ci Mu Bridge, stops will be made at Swallow Grotto, and Changchun Temple (Eternal Spring Shrine). We will then drive back to Taipei with a stop at Cingshui Cliff, drive through Syue-Shan Long Tunnel (12.9 Kms) to arrive at around 6 PM
A. Regent Taipei or Palais de Chine Hotel (5*)
B. Howard Plaza Hotel or The Landis Taipei (4*)
C. Gala Hotel, Taipei or Golden China Hotel, Taipei (3*)
Free at leisure until transferred to airport by car/van (without guide)
Tour CostSubject to an Acceptance Payment of £150 (US$200) per person payable on booking.
|A||US$830.0 + 200||US$768.0 +150||US$570.0|
|B||US$753.0 +200||US$692.0 +150||US$493.0|
|C||US$690.0 +200||US$625.0 +150||US$430.0|
- Fare includes 7 nights hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis, ENGLISH speaking guide, daily hotel breakfasts, SIC TOURS, admission fees and all transfers by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Lunch and dinner are NOT included
- Extra night(s) at Taipei is available on request.
- Effective from 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017.
- Not applicable during the following period: 28 Jan ~ 3 Feb 2017 (Chinese New Year)
1. The above rates are valid from 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017, including 7 nights hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis with daily breakfast, English speaking guide with air-conditioned car/minivan, entrance tickets, and insurance. When the number of passenger is less than 6, we might provide an English speaking driving guide.
2. All of personal expenses such as telephone bill, laundry, mini bar, pay TV, porterage and tour guide gratitude are not included.
3. When Current exchange rate is exceeded a certain adjustment will be applied with notice when the depreciation exceeds 2.0%.
4. Note that for special period: during consecutive holidays including New Year Chinese New Year , Taipei exhibition/show period , COMPUTEX TAIPEI SEMICON , TAITRONICS , Taipei Cycle Show Mar. Please confirm before booking.), price will be adjusted.
5. Tour is based on SIC basis.
6. The hotel check-in time in Taiwan usually is around 15:00 and check-out time is around 11:00. Early check-in or late check-out will lead to surcharge.
1. On acceptance – £150(US$200) per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) to “S W & M Miller” by International Bank Transfer to UK Bank Account Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with Edison Travel Service, Taipei to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. You pay eight weeks prior to Arrival in Taiwan – Full payment in US$ by International Bank Transfer, direct to Edison Travel Service, Taipei. Full details will be provided.
35 days prior to Arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable. 30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable. 25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 75% of the total amount will be applicable Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount. Acceptance Payment non refundable
Included in the Cost
Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability
Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
All transportation air land and sea as mentioned
All Transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle where appropriate.
Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
All currently applicable taxes.
Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Excluded from the Cost
Expenses of a personal nature: table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
Any international airfares to India and Asia
Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners