Yangon–Bagan–Mandalay–Inle-YangonFriday to FridayFRIDAYDAY 01 YANGON (-,-,D) Upon arrival at YANGON airport you will be welcomed by your guide and transferred to your hotel.
Your journey begins with an afternoon tour through Yangon’s colonial-style city centre. Visit SULE PAGODA, dating back over 2,000 years; the magnificent reclining Buddha CHAUK HTAT GYI; and after a photo stop at the KARAWEIK HALL, a ‘hamsa-bird-shaped’ floating barge on Kandawgyi (Royal) Lake, stroll through the BOGYOKE (SCOTTS) MARKET, a compound of hundreds of food, garment, handicraft and gem stores. Complete your first day in Myanmar with a visit to one of the world’s most spectacular monuments, the SHWEDAGON PAGODA.
Lunch to own account.
Dinner and overnight stay at Dusit Inya Lake Resort (****, Superior room) or similar in Yangon.SATURDAYDAY 02 YANGON – BAGAN (B,-,D)After early breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for a domestic flight to BAGAN. Upon arrival, start your day with visiting the most significant pagodas and temples of Bagan: including SHWEZIGON PAGODA, built by King Anawrahta in the early 11th century as a religious shrine; KHAY MIN GA TEMPLE, noted for its panoramic view of the area’s numerous monuments and ANANDA TEMPLE, with four standing Buddha images.
In the afternoon learn about manufacturing Myanmar’s most treasured handicrafts and visit a lacquer ware craftsmen’s workshop in nearby MYINKABA village. Later continue to MANUHA TEMPLE, built in Mon style in 1059 and explore the MYINGABA GU BYAUKGYI TEMPLE, a temple known for its famous UNESCO protected mural paintings. Finish the day of sightseeing by watching sunset over Myanmar’s longest river, Ayeyarwaddy from the SHWE SAN DAW PAGODA.
Lunch to own account.
Dinner at Riverview restaurant and overnight stay at Thazin Garden Hotel (***, Superior room) or similar in Bagan.Optional: Experience the magic of Bagan and a thousand years of history from the enchanting platform of a hot air balloon, for the first time ever. ‘Balloons over Bagan’ offers visitors exclusive sunrise champagne flights over the ancient pagodas of Bagan from late October to April. (Details see ‘Balloons over Bagan’)SUNDAYDAY 03 BAGAN – MANDALAY (B,-,D) After breakfast, transfer to the airport for a domestic flight to MANDALAY. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel. Experience the sights and sounds of Mandalay including the SHWE INBIN MONASTERY; the GOLDEN PALACE MONASTERY, a superb example of a traditional wooden building and KUTHODAW PAGODA the world’s largest book made of marble. Visit also one of the most revered religious monuments of Myanmar, the MAHAMUNI PAGODA. Mandalay is also a major arts and crafts centre. Visit a Kalaga tapestry craftsmen’s shop before proceeding to MANDALAY HILL for sunset.
Lunch to own account.
Dinner at local restaurant and overnight stay at Mandalay City Hotel (***, Superior room) or similar in Mandalay.MONDAYDAY 04 MINGUN – MANDALAY – AMARAPURA (B,-,D) After breakfast, excursion by boat on the AYEYARWADDY RIVER to MINGUN about 11 km (1 hour) upriver from Mandalay. Visit the magnificent 90 ton weighing MINGUN BELL by horse cart; SETTAWYA PAGODA; HSINBYUME PAYA; as well as the unfinished MINGUN PAYA, which was meant to become the largest stupa in Myanmar during the reign of King Bodaw Paya.
Excursion to Amarapura 15 km from Mandalay. A visit to BAGAYA MONASTERY will delight you with an interesting collection of Buddha images. Observe the beautiful sunset by the 200-year-old U BEIN teak bridge, built in 1782 during the period when Amarapura was the Royal capital. Return to Mandalay.
Lunch to own account.
Dinner at local restaurant and overnight stay at Mandalay City Hotel (***, Superior room) or similar in Mandalay.TUESDAYDAY 05 MANDALAY – HEHO – PINDAYA – NYAUNG SHWE (B,-,D) After early breakfast, transfer to airport for domestic flight to HEHO. Upon arrival, proceed by road to PINDAYA (65 km – 1 ½ hour) and visit PINDAYA CAVES, a unique site housing thousands of Buddha images placed there by pilgrims and devotees over the centuries. After lunch (to your own account), drive to NYAUNG SHWE (95 km – 2 ½ hours) and transfer to your hotel for check-in.
Dinner and overnight stay at Paradise Hotel (**, Superior room) or similar in Nyaung Shwe.WEDNESDAYDAY 06 INLE LAKE (B,-,D) After breakfast commence for a full day excursion by boat on the Inle Lake. En-route you encounter famous leg rowers, typical floating gardens, local methods of fishing, village life and magnificent scenery. Visits are made to PHAUNGDAW OO PAGODA; the weaving village of INPAWKHON and to one of the local markets in the Inle Lake region (Remark: on market days only).
Lunch to own account.
Dinner and overnight stay at Paradise Hotel (**, Superior room) or similar in Nyaung Shwe.THURSDAYDAY 07 INLE LAKE – HEHO – YANGON (B,-,D) After breakfast, at leisure to explore and enjoy on your own until transfer to HEHO airport (25km – 1 hour) for domestic flight to YANGON. Upon arrival in Yangon, transfer to your hotel.
Lunch to own account.
Dinner and overnight stay at Dusit Inya Lake Resort (****, Superior room) or similar in Yangon.FRIDAYDAY 08 YANGON (B,-,-) Breakfast at hotel. Full day at leisure until transfer to the airport for your flight to next destination.Itinerary is subject to changes depending on flights, road conditions and availability of rooms.
HOTEL ADDRESSES – subject to availability:
DUSIT INYA LAKE RESORT
37 Kaba Aye Pagoda Rd.,
Tel: (95-1) 662866-62
Fax: (95-1) 665537
THAZIN GARDEN HOTEL
Tel: (95-2) 67020
MANDALAY CITY HOTEL
26 Street Between 82 & 83 street
Chan Aye Tharzan Township
Tel: (95-2) 36146
Fax: (95-2) 61705
40, Museum Road,
Tha Zi Quarter,
Nyaung Shwe (Inle)
Tel: (95 81) 22009, 23586
(All prices are subject to changes in case of increase of airfares, fuel increases, entrance fees etc.)TOUR COST – All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit.Cost per person on twin share basis as per itineraryOn application for the current Tour Cost(All prices are subject to change in case of increase of airfares, entrance fees etc.)Payment.1.On booking an Acceptance Payment per person (non refundable) by bank transfer or cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our partner company in Myanmar to whom payment for the tour is made.2.Twelve weeks prior to arrival in Thailand, or on Acceptance – 100% payable in US $, by International Bank Transfer, direct to our partner company.Cancellation Charges 35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.
Acceptance Payment non refundableOUR PACKAGE TOUR RATES ARE INCLUSIVE OF – see also below for additional Terms: * Accommodation in shared twin rooms with daily breakfast
* Half board (Breakfast & Dinner) – meals as specified in the program on table d’hôte basis
* All entrance fees
* Transfers and tours with English speaking local guides (or as specified)
* Domestic airfares Yangon-Bagan & Mandalay-Heho-Yangon
* Domestic flight security tax
* 1 Tour leader is free of charge as of a minimum of 15 full paying pax
* Transportation by air-conditioned van/minibus/coach Bagan-Mandalay
* Service charges, room tax and baggage handlingNOT INCLUDED ARE:
* Travel insurance
* Visa fee for Myanmar
* International Airfare
* Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry etc.
* Lunches for the whole trip
* International airport tax in Yangon (US$10.- per person)
* Christmas and New Year’s dinner supplement (will be advised at time of booking)
* Services, which are not mentioned in aboveNote on joint tours (seat-in-coach tours): These tours are operated on fixed departure dates with a bilingual guide – speaking German and English, or with two separate guides. Most clients on these tours are German speaking from Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The maximum number of passengers per departure is 40. Space is confirmed on first come first served basis. Contact Asian Trails for further information.NGAPALI and NGWE SAUNG BEACH EXTENSIONS
Our Ngapali and Ngwe Beach Extensions are ideal for guests who wish to spend some relaxing days at one of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches in Asia. Air Mandalay, Yangon Airways and Air Bagan operate daily non-stop flights between Yangon and Thandwe (Ngapali Beach). Air Bagan operates flights from Yangon and Heho to Pathein (Ngwe Saung Beach) – request the updated flight schedule information from our office.
Direct flights to Ngapali also operate from other destinations in Myanmar. See our Beach Extension programs for further information or contact Asian Trails.ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONSIncluded in the Cost
• Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability. Accommodation in air conditioned room with bath (room with shower at Maekok River Village Resort) and meals as mentioned in the programme
• Any single room subject to supplement shown.
• Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
• Full board at Wildlife Park if applicable.
• Transfers, entrance fees, and tours by air conditioned car/minibus with English/German/French/Italian/Spanish-speaking guide
• Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
• Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
• Train journeys where applicable – 2nd class airconditioned sleeper berth train ticket Chiang Mai-Bangkok
• Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change – Domestic air ticket Chiang Rai-Bangkok
• Boat trip
• Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
• All currently applicable taxes.
• Where US$ or Thai Baht are quoted, the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.• Excluded from the Cost
• Expenses of a personal nature: table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
• Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
• Any international airfares to India and Asia
• Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
• Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
• Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
• Travel Insurance
• Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
• Any Christmas, New Year and Gala DinnersGeneral note:
All elements included in this quotation are subject to availability until the booking is made. The hotels/ services as quoted may change when giving you the final confirmation, based on current availability.