Trip Rating:Easy : Adventure for everyone
Applicable for: No minimum number
Covering 656 sq. km Khao Sok National Park is dominated by spectacular forest-covered limestone crags rising up to 1,000 meters. If you have time enough to spare this Jungle Safari offers a unique opportunity to really explore virgin rainforest and learn of its flora and fauna from experienced local guides. With your nights spent in tree houses and on raft houses on beautiful Raja Phraba Lake you can go hunting for signs of the elephants, bear and wild pig that roam the forest floor while gibbons, languor and macaque cavort in the canopy above.
Day 1: Khao Sok (-/L/D)
Transfer from your hotel in Phuket by air-conditioned coach or from Suratthani train station by a private pick-up truck (Songthaew). Check in and after some refreshments it’s up to your tree house. After lunch go tubing down the Klong Sok in inner-tubes (depending on the season), passing dramatic mountain cliffs, with the possibility of observing the wildlife along the way and visiting a viewpoint and small waterfall. Dinner and then overnight in your tree house.
Day 2: Khao Sok (B/L/D)
After breakfast take a walk to visit a local village temple and some small caves. Return for lunch then enjoy a relaxing river canoeing through dramatic scenery while your guide paddles you down the river. Stop at a local fish cave on the way back. Dinner and then overnight in your tree house
Day 3: Lake – Lake (B/L/D)
Breakfast and transfer by open pick-up truck to the Raja Phraba Lake. Take a boat to the raft houses arriving for lunch after a total of 3 hours travelling. After lunch take a short boat trip to a local fishing village and then to a bat cave where you can go swimming. Return to the raft houses for dinner and some relaxation. After dinner take an evening walk to observe the natural nightlife of the rainforest. Overnight, stay in the raft houses.
Day 4: Lake (B/L/-)
Early morning wake-up call for a canoe trip to look for local wildlife. Coffee and tea will be available on the canoe. Return to the raft houses for breakfast. Late morning take a boat trip to another part of the National Park for a 3-hour hike to a vantage point giving a dramatic and panoramic view of the lake and the surrounding limestone mountains. Return to the raft houses for a late lunch and the rest of the afternoon is free to relax, swim, go tubing, etc. Dinner and then overnight in the raft houses.
Day 5: Khao Sok (B/L/-)
After breakfast return by boat and transfer by songthaew to Suratthani or your departure point for your onward journey to Phuket, arriving in the late afternoon. Packed lunch provided. End of services.
Tours Depart every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, year round.
- Special attention should be given to child care when at the raft houses
- This itinerary may change according to weather or local conditions and may also occasionally be reversed with the trip starting at the lake.
- During the dry season, if the water levels are too low, tubing on the Klong Sok whilst at Tree Tops may be replaced by canoeing.
- There is no electricity at the raft houses so it is recommended that guests bring a torch.
- Please bring some walking shoes which can get wet, flashlight, slip-on shoes, mosquito repellent a small back pack,
- We reserve the right to adjust the price if there is any increase of the park fee.
All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit of £150. Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary Please ask for confirmation of the current Tour Cost Standard Hotels 2008 Price
Per Person UDS244.00 In addition there is an Acceptance Fee/Deposit of £150.00.
PLEASE NOTE: The Acceptance Payment is only payable ONCE. There can be a combination of more than one tour in more than one country for the same Acceptance Fee.
Single Room Supplement USD35.00
Charge for children : No discount available for children
1. On acceptance – £150 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”. Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Associate Company in Thailand, ETC, Bangkok, to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. Eight weeks prior to arrival in Thailand or on Acceptance – 50% payable in US $, by Credit Card or International Bank Transfer, direct to ETC, Bangkok.
3. On arrival in Thailand – The balance of 50% payable, in US $, by Credit Card or Cash.
Please Note: A credit card charge may apply in certain countries.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.
Acceptance Payment non refundable
Services included in the price
- Transfers to/from Phuket by public bus or private pick-up truck (Songthaew) to/from Suratthani train station,
Pick up/drop off in: Phuket town or at Kata, Karon or Patong beaches. Surat Thani train station.
(Transfer to/from airport in Phuket or airport, pier in Surat Thani not included)
- The Tree Houses are non-air-conditioned with double bed with mosquito-net, cold water shower & toilet (an extra single bed is available in triple rooms).
- The raft houses are non-air-conditioned and twin-bedded with mosquito-net. The toilet facilities are a short distance away for environmental reasons.
- Meals as specified in the program.
- Services of local English-speaking guide.
- Admission fees where applicable.
Services not included in the price:
- Drinks & meals not mentioned in the above itinerary.
- Tips for guide & drivers.
- Personal expenses.