These treatments, as old as India itself, are based on massage, using oils and herbs, yoga and meditation. Ayurveda cures the body, mind and spirit. These treatments give great relief to those suffering from arthritis, skin complaints and other debilitating diseases as well as helping the overweight. Treatments, of varying qualities, are widely available in Kerala. We recommend three centres, situated in very different locations, where a doctor is always on hand to make sure that patients receive the correct treatment.
Somatheeram Ayurvedic Beach Resort, near Kovalam. Overlooking the sea and its own private beach, accommodation is reproduction, traditional Keralan houses varying in price. This resort has been voted ‘The Best Ayurvedic Treatment Centre in Kerala’ 1999/2000/2001.
8 Days 7 Nights Rejuvenation Programme From £900 per person
Travancore Heritage, near Kovalam. Overlooking the sea and its own private beach. Traditional Heritage Cottages at varying prices.
8 Days 7 Nights Rejuvenation Programme From £850 per person
Kairali Health Resort, Palakkad. A purpose built Ayurvedic health farm, imaginatively designed, strictly vegetarian and non alcoholic. This resort is suitable for a ‘get away from it all’ luxurious holiday. Facilities include golf, tennis, health club and swimming pool. Kairali also have health resorts in New Delhi and Khajuraho.
8 Days 7 Nights Rejuvenation and Detoxification Programme From £800 per person
All the above prices are based on twin sharing.
Lists of Ayurvedic (well being) treatments together with costs are available on request. We suggest that these treatments are part of a general tour.
Specific Medical Problems As treatments cannot be decided until an Ayurvedic doctor has examined the patient we give the cost of a seven day Rejuvenation Treatment as an example of cost for one week with accommodation and meals.
Cost per person on twin share basis. Subject to re-confirmation at the time of booking.
Payment. 1.On acceptance – £150.00 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”. Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with Vacation India, India to whom payment for the tour is made. 2. Eight weeks prior to arrival in India or on Acceptance – 50% payable by Credit Card or International Bank Transfer, direct to Vacation India, India. 3. On arrival in India– 50% payable, by Credit Card or Cash.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable. 30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable. 25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount. Acceptance Payment non refundable
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing, room full board basis at the hotels specified,
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Train journeys where applicable
- Domestic Flight (economy), where applicable, are subject to change.
- Porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- The UK pounds price shown is based on current exchange rates.
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the programme.
- Any international airfare or any airport taxes.
- Any Government or State taxes subsequently introduced.
- Travel Insurance