Trip Rating: Easy – Adventure for everyone
Applicable for: No minimum number
Departure day: Depart daily, year round (except November until mid of December).
Learn to scuba dive in the quiet, relaxing atmosphere of Ko Tao, one of Thailand’s premier diving locations.
Participants should meet at least one day prior to departure day for orientation of the program.
Day 1 Bangkok / Chumporn (-/-/-)
Late afternoon, transfer to the railway station for the overnight train to Chumphon departing at approximately 19.00.
Day 2 Chumporn / Ko Tao (-/-/-)
Arrive Chumporn at approximately 04.30 and then transfer by bus and boat to Ko Tao. Arrive at about 10.00 and check in to the bungalow accommodation. The rest of the day at leisure.
Day 3 Ko Tao (B/-/-)
Commence diving course.
09.00 – 12.30 Theoretical instruction with manual and videos.
14.00 – 18.00 Confined-water training.
Day 4 Ko Tao (B/-/-)
09.00 – 12.30 Further theoretical instruction.
14.00 – 18.00 Continue confined-water training down to a depth of 3-4 metres.
Day 5 Ko Tao (B/-/-)
09.00 – 12.30 Final theory session.
14.00 – 18.00 Two open-water dives down to a depth of 12 metres to practice the skills learned in confined water.
Day 6 Ko Tao (B/-/-)
09.00 – 12.30 Final examination.
14.00 – 18.00 Two open-water dives down to a depth of 18 metres to perfect skills and allow instructor assessment. Certification of those passing the course.
Day 7 Khao Tao / Chumporn / Bangkok (B/-/-)
The morning is free for relaxation. Transfer to the pier for the afternoon ferry to Chumporn departing at 15.00. Arrive at 17.30 and transfer to the railway station. There is time to explore the town, until the departure of the night train to Bangkok, at approximately 21.30.
Day 8 Bangkok (-/-/-)
Arrive in Bangkok at approximately 06.30.
- Good from mid December – October. During November until mid of December, it is monsoon season on the east coast however, as Ko Tao has almost 30 diving sites and the island itself act as a shelter, divers can still dive either sides around the island. There might be a few days when the boat Chumporn to Ko Tao might not operate and in that case, we have to reroute the trip via Ko Samui instead. This can be checked only a few days prior to departure day. Clients who arrive during this period should check on the situation as soon as they arrive in Thailand.
- Anyone who books this package will have to sign a ‘MEDICAL STATEMENT’.
All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit of £200.
Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary
Please ask for confirmation of the current Tour Cost
ALL PRICES SHOWN ARE FOR COMPARISION PURPOSES ONLY
Preferred accommodation list:
Standard class Ko Tao – Ko Tao Resort (standard air-con, www.kotaoresort.com)
Per Person UDS 471.00 In addition there is an Acceptance Fee/Deposit of £150.00.
PLEASE NOTE: The Acceptance Payment is only payable ONCE. There can be a combination of more than one tour in more than one country for the same Acceptance Fee.
Single Room Supplement USD 127.00
1. On acceptance – £200 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”.
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Associate Company in Thailand, ETC, Bangkok, to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. Eight weeks prior to arrival in Thailand or on Acceptance – 50% payable in US $, by Credit Card or International Bank Transfer, direct to ETC, Bangkok.
3. On arrival in Thailand – The balance of 50% payable, in US $, by Credit Card or Cash.
Please Note: A credit card charge may apply.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.
Acceptance Payment non refundable
Services included in the price:
- Transfers in Bangkok by air-conditioned transport. Non air-conditioned transportation or pick up truck for round-trip transfer will be used in Ko Tao.
- Hotel accommodation throughout the tour is standard hotels based on 2 persons in twin bedded room, B/B basis. All rooms are fanned with attached bath and toilet.
- Round-trip ferry crossing.
- Round-trip 2nd class air-conditioned train with sleeper between Bangkok and Chomporn.
- Diving open-water certification course including diving equipment (SSI Certificate).
Services not included in the price:
- Drinks & meals not mentioned in the above itinerary.
- Tips for guide & drivers.
- Diving book. Those who required PADI certificate will need to buy compulsory PADI dive book at an additional cost. Please advise if it is the case.
- Personal expenses.
Participant Record (Confidential Information)
To the Participant:
The purpose of this medical questionnaire is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. A positive response to a question does not necessarily disqualify you from diving. A positive response means that there is a preexisting condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must seek the advice of your physician.
Please answer the following questions on your past or present medical history with a YES or NO. If you are not sure, answer YES. If any of these items apply to you, we must request that you consult with a physician prior to participating in scuba diving. Your instructor will supply you with a DIVING Medical Statement and Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Diver’s Physical Examination to take to your physician.
_____ Could you be pregnant or are you attempting to become pregnant?
_____ Do you regularly take prescription or nonprescription medications?
(With the exception of birth control and anti- malarial)
_____ Are you over 45 years of age and have one or more of the following?
currently smoke a pipe, cigars, or cigarettes
have a high cholesterol level
have a family history of heart attacks or strokes
Have you ever had or do you currently have . . .
_____ Asthma, or wheezing with breathing, or wheezing with exercise?
_____ Frequent or severe attacks of hayfever or allergy?
_____ Frequent colds, sinusitis or bronchitis?
_____ Any form of lung disease?
_____ Pneumothorax (collapsed lung)?
_____ History of chest surgery?
_____ Claustrophobia or agoraphobia (fear of closed or open spaces)?
_____ Behavioral health problems?
_____ Epilepsy, seizures, convulsions or take medications to prevent them?
_____ Recurring migraine headaches or take medications to prevent them?
_____ History of blackouts or fainting (full/partial loss of consciousness)?
_____ Do you frequently suffer from motion sickness (seasick, carsick, etc.)?
_____ History of diving accidents or decompression sickness?
_____ History of recurrent back problems?
_____ History of back surgery?
_____ History of diabetes?
_____ History of back, arm or leg problems following surgery, injury or fracture?
_____ Inability to perform moderate exercise (example: walk one mile within 12 minutes)?
_____ History of high blood pressure or take medicine to control blood pressure?
_____ History of any heart disease?
_____ History of heart attacks?
_____ Angina or heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
_____ History of ear or sinus surgery?
_____ History of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
_____ History of problems equalizing (popping) ears with airplane or mountain travel?
_____ History of bleeding or other blood disorders?
_____ History of any type of hernia?
_____ History of ulcers or ulcer surgery?
_____ History of colostomy?
_____ History of drug or alcohol abuse?
Please read carefully before signing.
This is a statement in which you are informed of some potential risks involved in scuba diving and of the conduct required of you during the scuba training program. Your signature on this statement is required for you to participate in the scuba training program offered
by __________________________________ and Instructor_____________________________ located in the Facility city of _________________________ and state of ___________________.
Read and discuss this statement prior to signing it. You must complete this Medical Statement, which includes the medical-history section, to enroll in the scuba-training program. If you are a minor, you must have this Statement signed by a parent.
The information I have provided about my medical history is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Participant’s Signature Date (day/month/year)
Signatures of Parent or Guardian (where applicable) Date (day/month/year)