Grade: Moderate Best season: Year round Trip Code: VACHH8 Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Hoa Lu – Tam Coc – Ninh Binh – Thanh Hoa – Vinh – Dong Hoi – Dong Ha – Hue
This is a fantastic way to see northern Vietnam – you require a reasonable level of fitness, however the roads are mostly flat and easy to ride. By taking to the roads and cycling from the capital Hanoi to the former Imperial capital of Hue, you will see life as it truly. Our fleet of modern European road bikes ensures you get the most out of the trip in terms of comfort and enjoyment.
Day 1: Hanoi – Ninh Binh / Hoa Lu & Tam Coc (33km cycling)
In the morning we drive out to Ninh Binh town, from here we take to our bikes and cycle to the picturesque setting of Hoa Lu. We will then cycling the off beaten track from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc town, grasp a refreshing lunch and continue our afternoon with a boat trip to Sunshine valley. Overnight in Ninh Binh town (L,D)
Day 2: Ninh Binh – Thanh Hoa (60km – 80km cycling)
Today we’ll cycle the 80km to the town of Thanh Hoa. We’ll cycle through spectacular limestone mountains and lush green rice paddies. The cycling is flat and very easy. Overnight in Thanh Hoa (B,L,D)
Day 3: Thanh Hoa – Vinh (60km cycling)
We drive for the first 85km Quynh Luu town. From there we cycle to Dien Chau where we have lunch. In the afternoon we cycle to Cua Lo with its white sandy beach and the town of Vinh in Nghe An province. (B,L,D)
Day 4:Vinh – Dong Hoi (100km cycling)
As with yesterday we begin our journey by bus to the small town of Ky Anh. We then revert to peddle power to negotiate the Ngang Pass. Our destination for tonight is the fishing port of Dong Hoi. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Dong Hoi – Phong Nha – Dong Hoi (90km cycling)
Following breakfast we cycle the 44km to the spectacular Phong Nha cave. The cave is probably the most beautiful and certainly the largest in Vietnam. UNESCO recently designated the area as the country’s fifth World Heritage Site. We continue cycling to Dong Hoi along part of the famous Ho Chi Minh Trail which is very much enjoyable quiet and relaxing. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Dong Hoi – Dong Ha (50km cycling)
Today we’ll cycle south along Highway 1 using both our bicycles and our support vehicle. We reach the town of Dong Ha where we stay for the night. In reaching Dong Ha we pass through the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) and Vinh Moc Tunnels, scenes of the bitterest fighting during the American War. (B,L,D)
Day 7: Dong Ha – Hue (70km cycling)
Today we’ll cycle straight to the former Imperial capital and cultural center of Vietnam, Hue. (B,L,D)
Day 8: Depart Hue
The tour ends after breakfast. (B)
All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit. Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary Please ask for confirmation of the current Tour Cost
Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary VACHH8
ALSO AVAILABLE – Best Season: Mainly year round CYCLING MAI CHAU (3 days) Grade: Moderate Trip Code: VACMC3 CYCLE MEKONG DELTA (3 days) Grade: Moderate Trip Code: VACMK3 CYCLE NORTH EAST (5 days) Grade: Challenging Trip Code: VACNE5 NORTHERN BIKE DISCOVERY (9 days) Grade: Challenging Trip Code: VACNW TRAILS OF VIETNAM (15 days) Grade: Moderate Trip Code: VACTOV NORTHERN VIETNAM MULTI-ADVENTURE Grade: Moderate Trip Code: VANVMA (13 days)
1. On booking an Acceptance Payment/Deposit per person (non refundable) by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”. Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Associate Company in Vietnam to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. You pay twelve weeks prior to arrival in Vietnam – or on Acceptance – 100% payable in US $, by International Bank Transfer.
Cancellation Charges 35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable. 30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable. 25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount. Acceptance Payment non refundable
Included in the Cost
- Hotel accommodation on a twin sharing basis using 2 and 3 star hotels
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- Use of mountain bicycle
- All transfers and transport.
- Services of an English speaking tour leader throughout
- Sightseeing excursions as outlined in itinerary
- Reasonable supply of bottled water in ice box on vehicle
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Train journeys where applicable
- Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to India and Asia
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners