Trip Code: VACMK3
Best Season: Year round
Explore the fertile and lush flood plains of the Mekong Delta by bicycle and witness the wonders of the Mekong Delta at a pace ideal for soaking up its splendour. En route we visit a Cao Dai temple, an area populated by the Khmer people, delightful fruit orchards and the complex maze of waterways that interlace the scenic landscape of the delta.
Our modern lightweight European bikes make exploring this part of the country an enjoyable and relatively easy experience and there is a support vehicle on hand if necessary.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – My Tho (cycling distance 65 km)
In the morning we drive out of Ho Chi Minh City, once we are safely out of the suburbs and in the delta proper we commence our cycling. Along the way, we’ll visit Cao Dai temple. Then we’ll cycle through a particularly picturesque part of the Delta known as Go Cong. From here it is a further 25 km to the town of My Tho where we will stay for the night. (L, D)
Day 2: My Tho – Tra Vinh (40km)
Today, we’ll combine cycling with ferry rides to get to our isolated and fascinating destination. Tra Vinh is home to over 300,000 ethnic Khmer who keep their culture alive including their practice of Theravada Buddhism. (B, L, D)
Day 3: Tra Vinh – Ho Chi Minh City (30km)
We continue on from Tra Vinh after breakfast and cycle through a beautiful landscape of rice paddies and lush green fields, waterways and fruit orchards. En route we pass through several Delta towns before arriving at Vinh Long. From here, we load our bikes back on to the support vehicle for the return journey to Ho Chi Minh City. (B, L)
All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit.
Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary
Please ask for confirmation of the current Tour Cost
ALSO AVAILABLE – Best Season: Mainly year round
CYCLING MAI CHAU (3 days) Grade: Moderate Trip Code: VACMC3
CYCLE NORTH EAST (5 days) Grade: Challenging Trip Code: VACNE5
CYCLE HANOI TO HUE (8 days) Grade: Moderate Trip Code: VACHH8
NORTHERN BIKE DISCOVERY (9 days) Grade: Challenging Trip Code: VACNW
TRAILS OF VIETNAM (15 days) Grade: Moderate Trip Code: VACTOV NORTHERN VIETNAM MULTI-ADVENTURE Grade: Moderate Trip Code: VANVMA
1. On booking an Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”.
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Associate Company in Vietnam to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. You pay twelve weeks prior to arrival in Vietnam – or on Acceptance – 100% payable in US $, or International Bank Transfer.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.
Acceptance Payment non refundable
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in 2 star hotels.
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- Use of bicycles
- All transfers and transport
- Services of an English speaking guide
- Reasonable supply of bottled water
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Train journeys where applicable
- Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to India and Asia
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinner