CYCLING CAMBODIA – 8 Days
Best season: Year round
Trip Code: CACPN8
Phnom Penh – Kampot – Kep – Bokor – Sihanoukville – Ream National Park – Phnom Penh
Rich in culture, natural and historical heritage – this is a tour for the senses! Combining bicycle, car, ferry and foot you will explore Cambodia’s diverse landscape of waterways, beaches, rice paddies, ancient ruins, national parks and jungle. Sample seafood delicacies, relax on Cambodia’s sandy white beaches, and discover temples and museums. This trip has it all!
Day 1: Arrival Phnom Penh
Arriving at Phnom Penh and transfer to your hotel. Meet for a welcome dinner accompanied by our tour leader. (D)
Day 2: Phnom Penh (approx. 35 km by bicycle)
Explore this bustling city’s major sights by bike, including Wat Phnom, the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda and the National Museum. In the afternoon, we will cycle to the Independence Monument, Tuol Sleng Museum and Choeung Ek killing fields. (B, L, D)
Day 3: Phnom Penh – Takeo (60 km by bicycle)
We will cycle to Tonle Bati for a picnic lunch before heading to Phnom Chiso. The summit can be reached via a 180-step climb and offers magnificent views of the surrounding countryside. Later we’ll arrive at Takeo for the night. (B, L, D)
Day 4: Takeo – Kampot (52 km by bicycle)
We’ll drive to the gate of Kabas and then cycle to the charming Khmer town of Angkor Borei. We will then ride to Phnom Da where we relax and enjoy lunch on the hill top before taking a boat to Kampot. (B, L, D)
Day 5: Kampot – Kep (35 km by bicycle)
Leaving Kampot, we’ll head for the Phnom Sia limestone caves before arriving at the seaside town of Kep. Here we take a boat trip to the beautiful Rabbit Island for swimming, snorkelling and relaxing. Return to Kep for the night. (B, L, D)
Day 6: Kep – Bokor National Park – Sihanoukville (53 km by bicycle)
Drive through the fertile Bokor National Park with its abandoned hill station, stopping for lunch at Po Pok Vil Waterfalls for some respite. In the afternoon we arrive at the quiet beach resort town of Sihanoukville. (B, L, D)
Day 7: Sihanoukville – Ream Maritime National Park (56 km by bicycle)
We’ll cycle to the Ream Maritime National Park with mangrove forests, offshore coral reefs and fishing villages. Explore the jungles and mangrove swamps by boat, a fishing village and a small tropical island. Later we will take a boat back to port and cycle to Sihanoukville. (B, L, D)
Day 8 Sihanoukville – Phnom Penh
This morning, you’ll have some free time in Sihanoukville to stroll around the market or relax on the sandy beaches. Drive to Phnom Penh in the afternoon. (B, L)
All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit on booking.
Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary
Current Tour Cost on application.
ALSO AVAILABLE Best Season: Mainly year round
CYCLING SIEM REAP (3 days) Grade: Moderate Trip Code: CACSR3
MINI ANGKOR ADVENTURE (4 days) Grade: Moderate Trip Code: CAMAD4
1. On acceptance: Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”.
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Associate Company in Vietnam to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. You pay twelve weeks prior to arrival in Cambodia or on Acceptance – 100% payable in US $, by Credit Card or International Bank Transfer, direct to Vietnam<
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable.
30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable.
25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable
Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount.
Acceptance Payment non refundable
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- Use of mountain bicycle.
- Reasonable supply of bottled water in the vehicle’s ice box
- All transfers, transport and sightseeing excursionsas outlined in the itinerary.
- Services of an English speaking tour leader throughout
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Train journeys where applicable
- Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to India and Asia
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners