Cultural & Ethnic China
Day 1: Shanghai (D)
On arrival at Shanghai Airport, meet your guide and transfer to hotel. If time permits you can enjoy a Huangpu river cruise as an optional extra. Dinner & overnight in Shanghai.
Day 2: Shanghai-Tunxi (BLD)
Following breakfast at hotel, transfer to train station G1508, 8:27/13:13 for your bullet train to Huangshan, meet guide and transfer to hotel. Later take the opportunity for a photograph shoot at the Xin’anjiang Riverfront Walk Scenic Spot and the best-preserved commercial street-the Ancient Street of Tunxi, built in Ming- and Qing Dynasties. Dinner & overnight in Tunxi.
Day 3: Tunxi-Mt.Huangshan (BLD)
After breakfast,drive to Mt. Huangshan(the World Cultural and Natural Heritage site, the World Geo-park) and take the
Yungu Cable Car up the Mountain. Enjoy the spectacular views at the Beginning-to-believe Peak, the
Flower-scattering Valley, the Lion Peak, and the Grand Canyon of the West Sea etc. Watch the sunset at
the Cloud-dispelling Pavilion. Dinner & overnight at Huangshan mountain.
Day 4: Mt.Huangsha-Tunxi (BLD)
Watch the sunrise in the early morning. Go sightseeing of the Flying-over Stone, the Bright Summit. Later return down the Mountain by Yungu Cable Car. Drive back to Tunxi for dinner & overnight in Tunxi.
Day 5:Tunxi-Yixian County-Tunxi (BLD)
After breakfast, drive to Yixian County, which is praised as a veritable Garden of Eden on earth and visit the famous villages called Hongcun Village (world cultural heritage site , the unique buffalo-shaped village , one of the shooting locations for the Oscar-awarded movie “ Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon “) and Mukeng Village with its amazing bamboo forest . These villages preserve old Huizhou-style houses built in the Ming & Qing Dynasties, characterized by white-washed walls, gray-tiles, horse-head gables and beautiful carvings. Drive back to Tunxi, overnight in Tunxi.
Day 6: Tunxi-Shexian County-Wuyishan (BLD)
Breakfast at hotel. After, drive to Shexian County-one of the historic and cultural towns in China, which is well- known for its long history and profound culture. There you may appreciate the unique Tangyue Archway Complex comprising as many as 7 arches constructed in the Ming and Qing dynasties-the largest one in scope so far in China, the largest bonsai garden of Huizhou School in China-Family Bao’s Garden , the mysterious village of the Eight Diagrams-Chengkan Village , built in the Ming Dynasty . After seeing all the places, you may get some ideas of the spirit of the architecture style in Ancient Huizhou Prefecture.
Drive to Huangshanbei Train Station and go to Wuyishan by G323, 16:45-18:11, meet guide and transfer to hotel. Dinner & overnight in Wuyishan.
Day 7: Wuyishan-Xiamen (BLD)
After breakfast, transfer to Jiuquxi and take a bamboo raft to enjoy some scenery along the water. Wuyishan is both of cultural and natural heritages of the world and it also is well-known “first mountain of Fujian”. After that, Visit Wuyi Palace, where is oldest palace in Wuyishan and one of the most famous ancient Taoism Architectural. Visit Song Dynasty Street.
After lunch, transfer to Wuyishan train station G5905/G5908, 14:47-18:01 and take the bullet train to Xiamen. After dinner, free for shopping on Zhongshan Road. Overnight at hotel.
Day 8: Xiamen-Tulou (BLD)
After breakfast, transfer to Nanjing Tulou by road (1.5hour). Visit Tianluokeng Tulou cluster or Round Houses which are unique. In Nanjing County there are more than 15,000 Tulous scattered through out it which including 1300 large-scale Tulous.
The Tulous were built by Hakka people for whom they serve the duel purpose of giving them some where to live and protecting them. They were constructed from the 12th century right up to the 20th, Tulous are typically three to five story structures with a thick earthen wall and a single entrance. They tend to be vast, well-fortified structures, capable of housing up to 800 people. In fact, they originally functioned as village units offering safety, shelter and a sense of community. Among the thousands of Tulou buildings, the Tianluokeng Tulou cluster is famous for its special shape. It consists of a square earth building at the centre and surrounded by four round earth buildings (or more exactly, 3 round earth buildings and one oval shape earth building), figuratively nicknamed “Si cai yi tang” (four dishes with a soup). In 2008, the Tulous were named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Later visit Yunshuiyao ancient town. Return to Tulou for
Day 9: Ximan-Kunming (BLD)
Transfer to Xiamen airport for your flight to Kunming, the Spring City, meet guide and transfer to hotel.
You will visit the Western Hill after lunch. Follow the saying and walk pass the Dragon Gate on Western Hill to get prosperity in the future. You will have a bird’s eye view of the Dianchi Lake and appreciate the groups of Taoist sculptures in grottoes on the cliff in this scenic area. You will visit Sanqing Pavilion after Dragon Gate. Being over 300 meters (approximately 984 feet) above Dianchi Lake, the pavilion looks like a ‘castle in the air’. This temple has a Taoist influence, and ‘Sanqing’ in Taoism refers to the highest point.
After, transfer to visit Golden Temple which was built in Kangxi 10th year (1671) of the Qing Dynasty. The Hall of Taihe Palace was wholly casted by bronze, which weighs about 250 tons, and is the biggest one of its kind in China, you will have chance to try local famous and traditional food the cross bridge rice noodle. Dinner & overnight in Kunming.
Day 10: Kunming-Lijiang (BLD)
After breakfast will drive about 86 kilometres to Stone Forest, the Stone Forest has unique karst topography which is one of the best of its kind within China and it is one of the most important attractions of Yunnan, you will visit Sani village which is near the Stone Forest.
After lunch, drive back to Kunming where you can take a leisurely stroll along the Green Lake, a charming area of tea houses and small boutiques selling handicrafts and beautiful local paintings.
Later you will visit Kunming’s Flowers & Birds Market, experiencing the Kunming Life, transfer to train station for your overnight train to Lijiang, Overnight in the train.
Day 11: Lijiang (BLD)
On arrival at Lijiang Train Station, your local English guide and driver will pick you up in the early morning and then transfer to your hotel for breakfast (includes Lijiang baba). Later visit Xiangshan local market, where you can see local people do business with each other.
Explore Lijiang Ancient Town. It is a largely Naxi settlement first built 800years ago, located at the foot of the Lion Hill. In 1997, UNESCO made Lijiang a World Cultural Heritage Site, the Black Dragon Pool and Dongba museum, Shuhe Ancient Town and Yuhu Village with Joseph Rock’s Former Residence. Yuhu Village is the last village in the Lijiang Basin at the foot of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The houses were made of a unique stone called “monkey head” by Naxi people. Yuhe Lake is beside the village and the water in the lake comes from melted snow of the mountains. Dinner and overnight in Lijiang.
Day 13: Lijiang –Lu Lake (BLD)
After breakfast, drive to Lugu Lake located in Ninglang County. After arrival, you will go by canoes (Pig Slot Ship (猪槽船)) to visit Liwubi Island in Lugu Lake, visit Mosuo Culture Museum and learn the Mosuo custom in the museum. Enjoy the sunset wonder of Luguhu Lake in Luoshui Village.
You will visit a local Mosuo family and join the bonfire party at night. Lugu Lake is a deep lake dotted with some islets and surrounded by high mountains. The Mosuo people have been isolated in the valley and retain more ancient traditions and customs than the other people around them. In the past before the modern era, many Mosuo men left home to travel as caravan traders, but the women and children remained at home. The Mosuo people retain a lot of unique customs. Lugu Lake is beautiful and is said to be worth the comparatively difficult journey to go see the region, Dinner & overnight at hotel near Lugu lake.
Day 14: Lugu lake-Zhaimei temple-Lijiang (BLD)
After breakfast, enjoy the sunrise of Lugu Lake and drive to find some good locations for photography. You can also take a leisurely stroll around Lugu Lake. Then head to Zhamei Temple. As the largest Tibetan Buddhist (Lamaism) Monastery in Yongning Area, Zhamei Monastery used to be a monastery of Kagupa (White Sect), and was converted to Gulugpa (Yellow Sect) in Yongzheng Period of the Qing Dynasty. Karmapa, a master and living Buddha, established Zhamei Monastery [Kagupa White Sect)] when he travelled by Yongning in the Ming Dynasty. The full Tibetan name for Zhamei Monastery is Taluozhameigui. “Zhamei” was once the name for a place; it means inevitability. “Taluo”, in Tibetan, indicates the way to Nirvana. “Buddha is ubiquitous, everyone gets chance to meet him”. Transfer to Lijiang for dinner & overnight.
Day 15: Lijiang-Guangzhou (B)
After breakfast transfer to airport for your flight to Guangzhou for your connecting flight to UK.
Hotel to be used or similar
Shanghai Golden river view hotel 4*
Tunxi Xin’an garden hotel 4*
Huangshan Beihai hotel 4*
Wuyishan Huanyu hotel 4*
Tuolou Wanjia hotel 4*
Xiamen Huaqiao hotel 4*
Kunming hotel 4*
Lijiang Wanfu hotel 4*
Lugu Island hotel4*
TOUR COST – (the comparison to GB £ is for information only and is based on current rate of exchange US$1.26 to £)
All prices are PLUS the Acceptance Fee of £200 per person
Cost per person on twin share basis with breakfast and meals as per itinerary
4 Star Hotels
persons. Quote p p
Please note the price is not suitable for important festivals such as 1st-3rd May, National day 1-7th OCT and China New year.
Price based on 2 to 9 persons
From US$ 1992 to US$3116Per Person on twin sharing basis, PLUS Acceptance Payment/Deposit of £200 pp
Single Supplement: US$ 463 (approx. £370) per person
(Approx. £1585 to £2475 Plus Acceptance Fee £200)
Airfare included in above costs as follows:
Cost of economy class airfare for sectors Xiamen to Kunming, and Lijiang to Guangzhou. Airfare as well as flight timings are subject to change by the airlines without any prior notice.
1. On acceptance – £200 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) payable to “S W & M Miller” by International Bank Transfer to UK Bank Account.
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Partner Company Joy China Travel to whom payment for the tour is made.
Any bank charges levied by the sending bank relating to transfers to our Partner Company or Complete India & Asia must be paid by the Client and added to the amount to be transferred.
2. You pay 100% of the total 12 weeks prior to arrival in China, or on Acceptance if less than 12 weeks – in USD, by International Bank Transfer to China
WE RECOMMEND: Payment via our Currency Payment transfer system which gives a commercial rate and NO bank charges apply – http://www.thegroup4you.com/currencies/agent_converteria.php
Before 60 Days: Full Refund.
60 – 46 Days: 25% of the Tour Cost.
45 – 31 Days: 50% of the Tour Cost.
30 – 16 Days: 75% of the Tour Cost.
15 days to Day of Departure: 100 % of the Tour Cost or No Refund.
Flight cancellation is not included in these charges
Acceptance Payment non refundable
• Check in / check out time at the Hotels is 1200 Noon except few hotels / cities.
• For International flight check-in time is 03 hours before the departure time.
• For Domestic flight check-in time is 01 hour before the departure time.
• Flight schedule and air fare quoted is subject to change as per the airlines notice from time to time.
• Prices are subject to change with any increase in the cost.
• Any additional expense incurred due to a change in the Government regulations pertaining to taxes, fuel hikes, air-fares and transport and any force majeure situation due to political conditions, we reserve the right to change the cost.
• In case of any increase in the accommodation cost and other services by the service providers will be applicable and levied on the above advised cost.
• Any increase in rate of exchange leading to an increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
• Please be advised that we have not blocked any accommodation for this tour at the time of quotation. Once we receive your acceptance of the same will proceed ahead with the bookings. In case of non availability of original Hotels as envisaged will book alternate Hotels of similar standards.
Included in the Cost
• Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability, Any single room subject to supplement shown.
• Room and breakfast basis – plus meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
• Full board at Wildlife Park if applicable.
• All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle where appropriate.
• Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
• Bullet train ticket from Shanghai to Huangshan, Huangshan-Wuyishan, Wuyishan-Xiamen in 2nd class.
• Internal air ticket from Xiamen to Kunming, and Lijiang to Guangzhou in economy class.
• Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
• Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
• All currently applicable taxes.
• Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Excluded from the Cost
• Expenses of a personal nature table drinks, laundry, telephone calls Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
• No tipping is included.
• Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
• Any international airfares to India and Asia
• Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
• Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
• Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
• Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
• Travel Insurance
• Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
• Any Christmas, New Year and Gala dinners