This is one of the Best tours to see the “Real” China and experience the Traditional, Cultural and Ancient China
China Classic Undiscovered
Day 1: Beijing (D)
On Arrival in Beijing, you will be met by our English speaking guide and transferred to your hotel. Your welcome dinner will be Beijing duck. Overnight in Beijing.
Day 2: Beijing (BLD)
After breakfast at hotel, visit Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City, the largest and most complete group of ancient buildings in China. The entire complex consists of 8,706 rooms in which an estimated 8,000 to 10,000 people lived including 3,000 eunuchs, as well as maids and concubines, all within 170 acres. In the afternoon you will visit the Heaven temple which was a place used for praying by our emperor. Dinner & Overnight in Beijing.
Day 3: Beijing (BLD)
After breakfast at hotel, you will visit the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu. Explore the history of the wall built hundreds of years ago, yet which remains largely intact as it snakes endlessly across the mountain ridgelines. You will see the maple leaves at the mountain of great wall and in the afternoon you will visit The Summer palace, the famous resort of Empress Dowager Ci Xi. Feast your eyes on the Long Corridor, Longevity Hill, and Kunming Lake. Dinner & overnight in Beijing.
Day 4: Beijing-Zhengzhou (BLD)
After breakfast at hotel, you will take bullet train to Zhengzhou, visit Shaolin temple which is the birth place of Chinese Kungfu, enjoy Kungfu show at theatre and you can take beautiful photos of Ginkgo leaves under yellow colour, you will have a vegetarian lunch at a local famous restaurant. Dinner & overnight in Xinmi.
Day 5: Xinmin-Xi’an (BLD
After breakfast at hotel, you will transfer to Luoyang to visit Longmen Grottoes which is the most famous treasure house of stone inscriptions in China. The scenery measures 1,000 metres (about 1,094 yards) from north to south where there are over 2,300 holes and niches, 2,800 steles, 40 dagobas, 1,300 caves and 100,000 statues. After visit White house temple, it enjoys the reputation of the No.1 Ancient Temple of China, which is the first temple built since Buddhism spread to China in the Han Dynasty (206BC-220AD). Later, enjoy free time shopping at Luoyang old town.
Transfer to train station for your bullet train to Xi’an, meet guide and transfer to hotel. Dinner & overnight in Xi’an.
Day 6: Xi’an (BLD)
After breakfast at hotel, you will visit the famous Terra-cotta Warriors, one of the most significant archaeological excavations of the 20th century. An army of thousands of life sized warriors and their horses in battle formation, which were buried for 2000 years, stand guard over the tomb of Emperor Qin Shi-Huang. After you will visit a village which is near the Terra-cotta Warriors and the relics of cave dwelling. Dinner & overnight in Xi’an.
Day 7: Xi’an-Pingyao(BLD)
After breakfast at hotel, visit Muslim street and transfer to train station for your bullet train to Pingyao. On arrival meet guide and transfer to hotel. Dinner & overnight in Pingyao.
Day 8: Pingyao (BLD)
After breakfast at hotel, visit Pingyao ancient town with your guide, it is now renowned for its well-preserved ancient city wall, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Pingyao still retains its city layout from the Ming and Qing dynasties, conforming to a typical bagua pattern. More than 300 sites in or near the city have ancient ruins. Preserved Ming- and Qing-style residences number close to 4,000. The streets and storefronts still largely retain their historical appearance; you will have your lunch at local Chinese restaurant. Dinner & overnight in Pingyao.
Day 9: Pingyao-Xi’an-Zhangjiajie (BLD)
After breakfast, visit Shuanglin temple, which houses more than 2,000 colourful sculptures reflecting the exquisite skills of the artisans of the Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties. In 1997, it was included in the World Heritage List by UNESCO as an important cultural site of Ping Yao City in 1997. Later transfer to train station for the bullet train to Xi’an. On arrival meet guide and transfer to airport for your flight to Zhangjiajie where you will be met by your guide and transfered to hotel. Dinner & overnight in Zhangjiajie
Day 10: Zhangjiajie-Fenghuang (around 3.5-4hours by coach) (BLD)
After breakfast, we will go to the Fenghuang County and visit Fenghuang Ancient City, the mother river of the ancient city of Phoenix, with rafting on the river, the Castle Peak reflection, the two sides witnessed the Diaojiaolou, feeling a sense of return to nature. Dinner & overnight in Fenghuang.
Day 11 Fenghuang-Zhangjiajie (BLD)
After breakfast at hotel, drive to DeHang Miao Village (1.5hours) and Zhangjiajie City. DeHang means is Beautiful valley and has a waterfall brook and stilted building、Miao people love singing. Transfer to Zhangjiajie by road (about 3 hours). Dinner & overnight in Zhangjiajie.
Day 12: Zhangjiajie (BLD)
After breakfast at hotel, visit Tianmen Mountain（including cable car）, a famous mountain first recorded in the history of Zhangjiajie, has an elevation of 1518.8 meters. We will visit this mountain by the world longest one-way recycling passenger cableway, has a length of 7455 and a height gap oh 1279 meters. After visit the Tianmen Cave which is the natural water-eroded cave with the highest elevation in the world. You will also visit Tujia Folk Village. This is Tusi city where Tujia King lived before and have Tujia Costumes, Custom and buildings.
Dinner & overnight in Zhangjiajie.
Day 13: Zhangjiajie-Shanghai (BLD)
Today, you will visit Zhangjiaje National Forest Park; it was established by the State Council
in 1982 as the first National Forest Park of China. By the Bailong elevator to Yuanjia Boundary, then you will see the Avatar Movie Shooting spot, after that visit the enchanting platform and the first bridge in the world on Tianzi Mountain，You will visit Helong Park taking the Bailong elevator down and the Ten Miles Gallery. Transfer to airport for your flight to Shanghai where you will meet your guide and transfer to hotel for dinner & overnight in Shanghai.
Day 14: Depart (B)
Transfer to airport for your departure to UK.
End of service.
Hotel to be used or similar
Beijing Plaza hotel 4*
Address: No. 100 East third ring Chaoyang District Beijing
Tel: +86 010-67353366
Dengfeng Chanwu hotel 4*
Address: Cross road at Dayu road and Jinianguan road Dengfeng city
Tel: +86 0371-62808888
Xi’an Le garden hotel 4*
Address: No.8 Laodong south road Lianhu district Xi’an
Tel: +86 029 84263388
Zhangjiajie Best Western Grand Hotel Zhangjiajie 4*
Address: Daryongqiao park Ziwu west road
Tel: +86 0744 2268888
Fenghuang Garden Hotel 4*
Address: Jiangbei east road dutian weiqiao
Wulingyuan Qinghejinjiang international hotel 4*
Address: No. 1 Jundi road Wulingyuan district Zhangjiajie
Tel: +86 0744-8188888
Shanghai Golden river view hotel 4*
Address: 308 Hanzhong Road Zhabei, Shanghai
Tel: +86 02163537070
Price is based on CNY but rate is not valid during the below dates:
China New year and lantern festival 8th FEB-2nd March 2018
Tomb sweeping day 4th, 5th 6th April 2018
May day 1-4 May 2018
China National day 1-8 OCT 2018
TOUR COST – (the comparison to GB £ is for information only and is based on current rate of exchange CNY8.691 to £)
All prices are PLUS the Acceptance Fee of £250 per person
Cost per person on twin share basis with breakfast and meals as per itinerary
4 Star Hotels
|person no.||Quote per person|
Airfare included as follows:
Cost of economy class airfare for sectors Xi’an-Zhangjiajie, and Zhangjiajie to Shanghai. Airfare as well as flight timings are subject to change by the airlines without any prior notice.
1. On acceptance – £250 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) payable to “S W & M Miller” by International Bank Transfer to UK Bank Account.
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Partner Company Joy China Travel to whom payment for the tour is made.
Any bank charges levied by the sending bank relating to transfers to our Partner Company or Complete India & Asia must be paid by the Client and added to the amount to be transferred.
2. You pay 100% of the total 12 weeks prior to arrival in China, or on Acceptance if less than 12 weeks – in USD, by International Bank Transfer to China
WE RECOMMEND: Payment via our Currency Payment transfer system which gives a commercial rate and NO bank charges apply –
Before 60 Days: Full Refund.
60 – 46 Days: 25% of the Tour Cost.
45 – 31 Days: 50% of the Tour Cost.
30 – 16 Days: 75% of the Tour Cost.
15 days to Day of Departure: 100 % of the Tour Cost or No Refund.
Flight cancellation is not included in these charges
Acceptance Payment non refundable
• Check in / check out time at the Hotels is 1200 Noon except few hotels / cities.
• For International flight check-in time is 03 hours before the departure time.
• For Domestic flight check-in time is 01 hour before the departure time.
• Flight schedule and air fare quoted is subject to change as per the airlines notice from time to time.
• Prices are subject to change with any increase in the cost.
• Any additional expense incurred due to a change in the Government regulations pertaining to taxes, fuel hikes, air-fares and transport and any force majeure situation due to political conditions, we reserve the right to change the cost.
• In case of any increase in the accommodation cost and other services by the service providers will be applicable and levied on the above advised cost.
• Any increase in rate of exchange leading to an increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
• Please be advised that we have not blocked any accommodation for this tour at the time of quotation. Once we receive your acceptance of the same will proceed ahead with the bookings. In case of non availability of original Hotels as envisaged will book alternate Hotels of similar standards.
Included in the Cost
• Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability, Any single room subject to supplement shown.
• Room and breakfast basis – plus Chinese meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
• All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle where appropriate.
• Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
• Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
• Bullet train ticket from Beijing to Zhengzhou, Luoyang to Xi’an, Xi’an to Pingyao and Pingyao to Xi’an in 2nd class.
• Internal air tickets Xi’an-Zhangjiajie, and Zhangjiajie to Shanghai in economy class.
• Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
• All currently applicable taxes.
• Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Money Exchange – You are advised to use Credit Cards where you can but you will require Chinese Yuan when you arrive in Beijing. The best way is to use an ATM or exchange at a Bank in Beijing airport. Your Guide will assist you.
Tipping – Approx. CNY 100 each day for both Guide and Driver is.given
Tickets & Documents – All your Travel documents, domestic flight tickets, train tickets and hotel vouchers will be given to you on arrival in Beijing.
Excluded from the Cost
• Expenses of a personal nature table drinks, laundry, telephone calls Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
• No tipping is included.
• Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
• Any international airfares to India and Asia
• Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change.
• Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
• Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
• Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
• Travel Insurance
• Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
• Any Christmas, New Year and Gala dinners