Day 1 Arrival / Huangshan
Upon your arrival at city of Huangshan (Tunxi), our local guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day is free at your own leisure. Overnight
Day 2 Huangshan (B, L) After breakfast, drive 80 kilometers (1.5 hour-drive) to Huangshan Scenic Area and take cable car at Yungu Station to the top of the mountain. After check-in and lunch, you will view Brush Pen Peak, tour Lion Peak and Xihai Grand Canyon; enjoy the sunset glow at the Cloud Dispelling Pavilion, etc. Stay overnight at the summit. – Mt. Huangshan (Yellow Mountain): located in the southern Anhui Province, extending about 40km from north to south and 30km from east to west, the Huangshan Scenic Area is comprised of numerous peaks of various heights and grotesque rocks of different formation, and is well known for its extraordinary aesthetic mountainous features, where we can find all beauties of nature, with its charm lying especially in its oddly-shaped pines, fantastic rocks, sea of clouds and hot springs–the four supreme sights on the mountain. The picturesque Mt. Huangshan has been a famed destination for scholars, poets and the occasional hermits in Chinese history, and has long been effusively described as “awesome,” “a wonderland” and “Heaven on Earth.” Overnight:
Day 3 Huangshan (B, L) Try to get up early in the morning to catch the magical sunrise, after breakfast, tour the Begin-to-Believe Peak to see the grotesque pine trees, after all the exercise, take the cable car down to the foot of the Mt. Huangshan, have a visit to the Bamboo Valley。After that，drive back to the city of Huangshan. –Bamboo Valley: it is a piece of Bamboo land where the famous movie “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” was partly shot. Inside this Bamboo land you can just stroll on the green ocean and feel the breeze inside this bamboo forest with the cozy sound of it, you can even feel that the Kongfu players are flying around. Overnight:
Day 4 Huangshan (B, L)
The tour today will bring you to Yixian County, 54km away from the city of Huangshan (about 1-hour drive), where you will visit two ancient villages–Hongcun and Xidi. After the tour, drive back to the city of Huangshan to visit Tunxi Ancient Street and Ink Stone Factory. – Yixian County: located to the southwest of Mt. Huangshan, with over 2000 years old history, and as many as 3,594 well preserved old dwellings left from Ming and Qing Dynasties, it is highly praised as “Treasure of Chinese Old Dwellings Architecture”. – Hongcun: a model of the ancient villages in China with the features of beautiful lake, first class old dwellings, peaceful streets and lanes, and the perfect natural background, where the movie “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” was partly shot, Hongcun was first built during the Southern Song Dynasty, about 900 years ago, by the Wang Clan. The layout of the village resembles the outline of an ox; hence it is popularly called as “Ox-shaped Village”. The early ox-shaped village came into being in Ming Dynasty when Wang Siqi, their 76th generation ancestor, hired a famous fengshui expert He Keda as their advisor, whose advice resulted in the construction of ponds and water channels flowing through nearly every household within the village so as to keep the “internal Yang (masculine) water” and assure for “eternal prosperity extending to all later generations”. Due to the scientific construction, the buildings in the Hongcun are in great harmony with nature, showing the traditional Chinese philosophy that Nature and Man are one. – Xidi: with a history of over 1000 years, Xidi is 700 meters from east to west, 300 meters south to north, 300 old dwellings in the village left from Ming and Qing Dynasties form the shape of boat. Embraced in the mountains, abundant in resources and autarkic inhabitants who are accustomed to a life of leisure, all these make Xidi famed as “the reclusive utopian land”. – Tunxi Ancient Street: a well preserved bustling center of trade since the Southern Song Dynasty, paved with slab stone, one-mile long, the street is lined on both sides with old shops in perfect order and an unmistakable Huizhou architectural style. －Ink Stone Factory：Ink stone is the important part of “Four Treasures of the Study” in China. Because of its solid texture, the ink stone can be handed down from one generation to another. The Ink Stone Factory in Huangshan is one of the most famous ink stone factories in China, where you can see the whole working process. Overnight:
Day 5 Huangshan / Departure (B)
Free in the day until our guide meet you and escort you to the airport to go to your next destination.
Based on Hotels shown below – subject to availability – GB Pounds
All Tours are subject to an Acceptance Payment/Deposit of £200.
Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary
Price on application for the current Tour Cost Please note: The Acceptance Paymnet is only payable ONCE – NOT every Tour
Note: 1/ Peak season: Apr, May, Sep 15-30th, and Oct 2/ Shoulder season: Mar, Jun, Jul1-15th, Nov 1-15th 3/ Low season: Jan, Feb, Dec 4/ this rate is not valid during May1-7th, Oct 1-7th, Jul 16th-Sep 16, and the Chinese Spring festival. 5/ Domestic airfare, included in cost, is subject to change without notice.
Hotels included subject to availability:
|City||3 star||4 star|
|Tunxi||Huaxi Hotel*** Addr:1, Xizhen Street, Tunxi Tel:86-559-2328000 Fax: 86-559-2514990 (business center)||Media Hotel**** Tel:0559-2578388, Fax:0559-2574579 Address: Number 6,Jichang Road, Huangshan, PZ:245000|
|On the Mountain||Paiyunlou Hotel*** TEL 0559-5581558 FAX 0559-5583999 http://www.hspylhotel.com||Beihai hotel**** Addr:Huangshan Scenic Area Tel:0559-5582555 Fax：0559-5581996|
1. On acceptance – £200 per person, Acceptance Payment/Deposit (non refundable) by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller”.
Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with our Associate Company in China to whom payment for the tour is made.
2. Eight weeks prior to arrival in China or on Acceptance – 50% payable in US $, by Credit Card or International Bank Transfer, direct to China
3. On arrival in China – 50% payable, in US $, by Credit Card or Cash. Please Note: A credit card charge will apply.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable. 30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable. 25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount. Acceptance Payment non refundable
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in the hotels mentioned above or equivalent – subject to availability.
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- Room and breakfast basis – or meals as indicated in the itinerary (B), (L) and (D)
- Full board at Wildlife Park if applicable.
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle where appropriate.
- Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Train journeys where applicable
- Domestic economy airfares, indicated in the itinerary, are subject to change,
- Basic porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Where US$ are quoted the UK pounds price shown is for comparison only and is subject to change.
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any international airfares to India and Asia
- Any airport taxes where applicable in each country
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs, monuments/sightseeing fees.
- Any other taxes subsequently introduced by Government, State or Tourist Ministry.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees, if applicable, in any country
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty insurance
- Surcharge if you pay with your credit card