From Bangkok to Siem Reap (BKK REP 03) Applicable for: A group of minimum 2 persons Itinerary: A great way to visit Angkor Wat by overland from Bangkok, traveling through beautiful countryside that once was so much affected by war. Day1, Bangkok – Poi Pet – Siem Reap (-/-/-) Morning departure from own hotel in Bangkok to Aranyaprathet, a town on the border with Cambodia. After visa formalities, depart by private air-conditioned transport to Siem Reap. Stops are made en route to visit Sopheakmongkul Pagoda and the Killing Fields in Svaysisophon, and then Phnom Chuncheang to visit a handicraft village. Arrive at Siem Reap in the late afternoon. Transfer to hotel for overnight. Remark: The transfer from Bangkok to Aranyaprathet is with an English-speaking driver, not guide. Day 2, Siem Reap (B/-/-) After breakfast visit Banteay Srei and Ta Prohm. Then continue to Prah khan, Neak Pean and Angkor Wat temples and end the day at Phnom Bakheng from where you can enjoy watching the sunset. Day 3, Siem Reap (B/-/-) After breakfast visit South Gate of Angkor Thom, Bayon, Baphuon, Phimean Akas and the Terrace of Elephants, Terrace of the Leper King, the former Royal Palace. In the afternoon visit Tonle Sap Great Lake and take a boat trip to see the floating village. Day 4, Siem Reap (B/-/-) After breakfast visit Rolous Group, Bakong, Prah ko, Lolei, the Fine Art school and the local market then transfer to airport. Termination of the tour. Departure day: Daily departure, year round. List of preferred hotels (subject to availability): First Class Hotels Siem Reap Angkor Century hotel (Superior) www.angkorcentury.com or similar Tourist class Siem Reap Steung Siem Reap Hotel (Superior) www.steungsiemreaphotel.com or similar TOUR COST Subject to confirmation on Booking and Acceptance Payment of £200 Cost per person on twin share basis as per itinerary 2009 First Class Hotels Per Person US$549 excludes Acceptance Payment (approx£287.00 which includes Acceptance Payment £100) Tourist Class Hotels Per Person US$457 excludes Acceptance Payment (approx £237.00 which includes Acceptance Payment £100) Payment. 1.On acceptance – £200 per person Acceptance Payment (non refundable) by cheque payable to “S W & M Miller” Your Contract for all tour arrangements is directly with ETC, Thailand to whom payment for the tour is made. 2. Eight weeks prior to arrival in India, or on Acceptance – 50% payable in US $, by Credit Card or International Bank Transfer, direct to ETC, Thailand 3. On arrival in Thailand – 50% payable, in US $, by Credit Card or Cash.
35 days prior to arrival a cancellation fee of US$200 per person will be applicable. 30 days notice of cancellation a fee of 25% of the total amount will be applicable. 25 days notice of cancellation a fee of 50% of the total amount will be applicable Less than 25 days notice incurs the full amount. Acceptance Payment non refundable Included in the Cost
- Accommodation on a twin sharing, room and breakfast basis at the hotels specified,
- Full board at Wildlife Park if applicable.
- Any single room subject to supplement shown.
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Services of an English speaking local guide (or a naturalist in National Parks)
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable
- Train journeys where applicable
- Porterage at airports, rail stations and hotels (not tips).
- All currently applicable taxes.
- The UK pounds price shown is based on current exchange rates.
Excluded from the Cost
- Expenses of a personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping etc.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the programme.
- Any international or domestic airfare or any airport taxes.
- Any Government or State taxes subsequently introduced.
- Travel Insurance
- Visa fees